Disney has shared so many great recipes this year that you can make yourself at home.
One of the latest is an adorable cake featuring none other than our favorite hunny-loving bear, Winnie the Pooh.
Here’s how to make your very own!
Ingredients and Tools
- Your favorite cake recipe
- White frosting
- Multicolored sprinkles
- Wax paper
- Two small round cake pans
- Yellow food dye
- Black and brown decorative icing
- Preheat the oven and prepare batter per your favorite cake recipe’s instructions. Pour batter into two greased, round cake pans, and carefully place in the oven to bake.
- While the cakes are baking, sketch out a Winnie the Pooh face shape, about 2 inches smaller than your cake pans, on the wax paper. Use the scissors to cut it out, and set aside.
- Remove cakes from the oven and let them cool completely. After they’ve cooled, remove the cakes from the pans and place on a flat surface.
- Use a bread knife to cut off the rounded tops so the cakes are flat on top. Place the first cake layer on your cake stand and frost the top, then place the second layer on top and frost all over.
- Place the cakes in the refrigerator for a few minutes to help keep the crumb coat of frosting firm. This will help you get a nice, smooth finish and full coverage.
- Mix yellow food dye with the rest of your white frosting until you get the desired shade of yellow. Generously frost the entire cake.
- Place the wax paper Pooh Bear template on top of the cake and press lightly to make sure it’s smooth.
- Using a spoon, distribute the sprinkles all over the cake, concentrating especially around the edges. Dust off any extra sprinkles from the template, then use the tweezers to very carefully remove the template. Use a spoon or knife to smooth out any wonky frosting.
- Pipe Winnie the Pooh’s nose with brown icing, then use the black icing to pipe his mouth and eyes.
And that’s it! We’ll keep you updated with any more adorable recipes from Disney!
Will you be making your own version of this cute and easy Winnie the Pooh cake? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!