We’ve been waiting for quite some time to receive official theme park reopening guidelines from the state of California.
Although Governor Newsom said the guidelines were forthcoming some time ago, and we did receive some initial details about the guidelines, their official release was delayed recently following pushback. But, now, we’ve got an update on when we could hear a bit more about those guidelines.
Earlier today, Governor Newsom held a press conference regarding COVID-19, the wildfires going on in California, and more. During that press conference, he noted that we can expect some more updates about theme park guidelines tomorrow during a press conference that is set to be held by Dr. Ghaly, the secretary of the California Health & Human Services Agency.
Specifically, Governor Newsom said, ““That’s why we are being very sober and, forgive me, stubborn about some industries in the state that I know are eager to get guidelines. Tomorrow, Dr. Ghaly will update you on some of those industries and guidelines including sports and some of these theme parks.”
Governor Newsom also noted, “We’re going to break up the theme parks — it’s not just one or two brands, it’s many different parts that are part of the theme park industry. But Dr. Ghaly will be updating you tomorrow on these guidelines.” So, it seems we may get a variety of guidelines applicable to different aspects of the theme park industry.
Newsom said to “look forward to Dr Ghaly’s presentation: An update on tier status, and some new guidelines that will be put out on issues related to theme parks and hopefully as early as late this week, early next week on team sports and other guidelines.”
Many have been eagerly awaiting any news about the theme park reopening guidelines. This past weekend, Disneyland Cast Members and fans held a rally pushing for Disneyland to reopen. We’ve also seen advertisements, legislators, and more calling for Disneyland’s reopening.
We’ve also seen Disneyland taking a variety of steps to prepare for the day when it can welcome guests beyond the Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park gates, including entering into return-to-work agreements, and the adoption of certain health and safety measures. We’ll definitely be tuning in to Dr. Ghaly’s presentation and we’ll let you know what updates we hear of. Be sure to come back for all the latest!
Recent Stories About Disneyland
- NEWS! Los Angeles County Issues New Stay-Home Order
- Disneyland Resort Has a New Health and Safety Announcement in Downtown Disney
- Jingle All The Way With This Sipper And Glow Cube at Disneyland Resort!
- Passholders Can Reserve Their Time to Buy a Spider-Bot (and Other Avengers Campus Merch!) in Downtown Disney!
- NEWS: Disneyland Website Experiences Technical Difficulties After Announcing Carthay Circle Reservations
- Another Dining Location Will Reopen in Downtown Disney Today!
- NEWS! Disneyland Grad Nite is Officially Canceled for 2021
- NEWS! Avengers Campus Merchandise is Coming SOON to Downtown Disney!
- The Walt Disney Company Has Been In A ‘New York State of Mind’ For Decades
- NEWS: California Governor Newsom Announces New Curfew For Various Counties