We believe our adventure through the spooky season has taken a most serious turn, our excellent friends!
Halloween Horror Nights may not be happening in its full capacity this year. However, 2020 has brought us two daytime houses, grown-up trick-or-treating, an entire bakery case full of treats, and the return of Pizza Fries and Twisted Taters.
Yet, there are strange things afoot at Attractions Magazine this Halloween! On October 22nd, they will be hosting the bodacious “We Party On: Bill and Ted Excellent Halloween Reunion” with the original creators and performers from Universal Orlando’s Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure!
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure saw its last show at Halloween Horror Nights back in 2017, but Attraction Magazine’s live-stream on YouTube will bring back some of that Halloween magic as a benefit for the Greater Orlando Performing Arts Relief fund.
Members of the ’90s cast and crew from the iconic HHN show will come together to discuss fun stories, how the creation and production occurred, and more during the live-stream. We Party On: Bill and Ted Excellent Halloween Reunion will be co-hosted by Jason Surrell, who helped write and direct five years of Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure. He also has worked as an author, screenwriter, previous Walt Disney Imagineer, and former Senior Creative Director at Universal Creative.
According to Attractions Magazine, “The show will be moderated and co-hosted by Jay Becker, a fixture of the Orlando theater community for almost 30 years.
Guests currently scheduled to appear include the “Queen of Halloween,” the most triumphant Julie Zimmerman, creator of Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure and co-creator of Halloween Horror Nights; Chris Leps, one of the show’s original “Bill”s and now a successful filmmaker and stunt double for such A-list stars as Johnny Depp; James Keaton, one of the show’s original “Ted”s and an icon of Orlando’s theme park community; Adrian LePeltier, the show’s original director; Paul Vroom, director from 1994-1995; the show’s longtime stunt coordinator, industry legend John Zimmerman; along with many other members of the show’s cast and crew from 1992-1998.”
Jason Surrell, who also organized the reunion, has stated that, “All the nostalgic reunions we’ve seen this year have been personal bright spots for me. So with Bill and Ted back on the big screen and Halloween events getting scaled back or canceled altogether, I thought it was the perfect time to get the old Bill and Ted gang back together. At first it was going to be a private reunion just for ourselves, but then we thought it might be cool to get longtime HHN and Bill and Ted fans in on the fun. And then we decided to see if we could find a way to benefit the very kind of people who made these shows what they are, our local performing arts community.”
We Party On: Bill and Ted Excellent Halloween Reunion will take place from 8PM to 10:30PM EST on October 22nd. Fans can tune into Attraction Magazine’s YouTube channel for FREE to watch the live reunion and find out behind-the-scenes details.
Will you be tuning into Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Reunion? Let us know in the comments below!
- NEWS: Universal Orlando Hits Capacity at Both Parks AGAIN!
- These Are the BEST Holiday Drinks, Movies, and Decorations — According to You!
- NEWS: More Dates Added in November for Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration!
- REVIEW! How Did Universal’s Christmas Funnel Cake Stack Up to Its Predecessors?
- NEWS: Hogwarts Express, Revenge of the Mummy, and More Will Be Undergoing Refurbishment at Universal Orlando
- Crowd Alert! Universal Orlando Has Hit Capacity at BOTH Parks Today!
- Is Universal Orlando’s New Holiday VIP Tour Worth the Price? Here’s What We Thought!
- AllEars TV: Ranking the Harry Potter Rides in the Wizarding World at Universal Orlando!
- REVIEW: There’s a LOT Going On In These New Holiday Mimosas in Universal Studios!
- PHOTOS! Globus Mundi Re-Opens in Universal Orlando’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter!