It has been nearly seven months since the Disneyland Resort began its temporary closure, and as of this writing there is still no announcement of a reopening date.
Due to the extended closure, the Disneyland Resort has once again extended its reservation cancelation window. Previously, Disneyland had canceled upcoming reservations with arrivals through mid-October.
Now, Disneyland has begun to cancel reservations with check-in dates through October 24th. Currently, new reservations are being accepted for arrivals starting on November 1st.
Over the course of the resort’s closure, Disneyland has continuously extended their cancelation window when needed, typically one week at a time. Keep in mind that this most recent extension in cancelations does not mean that Disneyland will reopen on October 24th or November 1st.
The last few weeks have started to take on a more tumultuous tone between the Anaheim resort and the state of California. In recent days alone, Governor Gavin Newsom noted that the state is in “no hurry” to provide theme park reopening guidelines and insisted that they are using a “health-first framework” in determining when to reopen theme parks.
Disney responded to those remarks later that same day, rejecting the governor’s remarks and noting that they have always employed a “science-based approach” when reopening their parks around the world.
It is unclear at this time exactly when we can expect theme park reopening guidelines to become available in California, and until that happens, Disneyland will need to continue their routine cancelations of upcoming reservations. Be sure to keep checking back if you have an upcoming reservation for the latest information!
Click here to read more about Gavin Newsom’s recent remarks regarding theme park reopening guidelines
Do you have an upcoming Disneyland Resort reservation? Let us know in the comments!
- Make a Reservation NOW to Pick Up These New Vinyl Figurines at an Exclusive Disneyland Shopping Event!
- NEWS: Disneyland Will Be Opening Stores and Restaurants Along Buena Vista Street This November!
- NEWS: Disneyland Emails Passholders Regarding Implications of California’s Reopening Guidelines
- NEWS: Disneyland Resort Reservations Now Only Available to Book Mid-November and Later
- NEWS: Disneyland and Union Come To An Agreement Regarding How Lay-Offs Should Be Handled
- When Can We Expect Disneyland to Reopen, Now That California Has Released Theme Park Guidelines?
- NEWS! Organization Representing Disneyland Could Seek Legal Action Against the State of California
- NEWS: LA Philharmonic Cancels Concerts at the Walt Disney Concert Hall Through Part of 2021
- NEWS: Disneyland May Not Open Until Next Summer According to Orange County Health Care Agency
- NEWS: California Attractions and Parks Association Makes Statement Regarding The State’s New Theme Park Guidelines
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!