Disneyland Paris reopened on July 15th after a four month-long closure. Much like its international counterparts, the resort has implemented new health and safety measures such as a face mask mandate, frequent sanitizing, and social distancing.
Now, it looks like the European Disney destination will modify the way its guests wait for rides and attractions, and this change is coming soon!
Disneyland Paris announced on their Annual Passholder Facebook page that a virtual Standby Pass system will be added to their mobile app starting October 6th. The resort’s new feature looks like it will function similar to Shanghai Disneyland, which implemented its own Standby Pass system shortly after reopening.
The statement reads, “Starting October 6, in order to optimize your waiting time during certain hours of the day and to respect physical distancing, you will need to book a Standby Pass to access some of our most popular attractions via the mobile app.” This Standby Pass feature will be complimentary and will give guests a return time to wait in line for their favorite rides and attractions.
Disney World in Florida has yet to adopt any sort of virtual queue system, with the one exception of the Boarding Groups on Rise of the Resistance. Other parks, like Universal Orlando Resort, have been using virtual queues since they reopened in June.
Will we ever see a version of Standby Pass arrive stateside? We’ll keep a close eye on Disney in the coming weeks and months to find out!
Have you ever been to Disneyland Paris? Let us know in the comments!
More Disney News!
- Actors’ Equity Association Issues Statement Saying 720 of Disney World’s Performers Have Been Laid Off
- PHOTOS: NEW Peachy Queen Minnie Ears Have Arrived in Disney World!
- Disney Expands Inclusive-Apparel Line With New Adaptive Ears
- Disney World Hosted a Limited Release Shopping Event Today — Here’s What Happened.
- PHOTOS and VIDEOS: Our Day at EPCOT, Including Ride Times, Construction, and Characters!
- NEWS: Oscar Isaac Has Reportedly Been Tapped for an Upcoming Marvel Series on Disney+!
- Happy HAUL-idays! Passholders Can Snag an Exclusive Line of Holiday Merchandise in Disney World!
- NEWS: ESPN Has Canceled Its Upcoming Basketball Events That Were Set to Take Place in Disney World
- Coconut Man Has Returned to Disney World With an Important Message!
- PHOTOS: Slinky Dog Dash Adds Additional Plexiglass Partitions to Its Ride Queue in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!