Disney is no stranger to innovative attractions and awe-inspiring technology.
We’re not sure how Imagineers will top the newest attraction at Tokyo Disney Resort. The Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast uses incredible animatronics, magical effects, and a trackless ride system to tell the story of Beauty and the Beast. Watching a ride-through of the attraction made us say to ourselves, “How did they do that??” This ride takes the concept of a classic Disney Dark Ride and enhances it with incredible, forward-thinking technology.
The history of extraordinary Disney animatronics begins with Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln in Disneyland Resort. Guests were in absolute disbelief when Lincoln stood out of his chair to give his famous speech. Seeing the animatronics in the new Beauty and the Beast ride gave us a similar feeling. Towards the end of the ride, we see Belle and Prince Adam waltzing in the ballroom. The movement is fluid and effortless. There are no visible wires and the animatronics are not bolted to the floor. They can lift their feet off the ground and actually dance with each other.
The previous scene is just as breathtaking. The ride depicts the pivotal scene when the Beast transforms into Prince Adam. Imagineers used this scene as an opportunity to work their magic and flex on their tech skills. The result is incredibly effective and mystifying. One second you see a giant animatronic Beast and the next, he’s a handsome Prince. Excuse us while we pick our jaws off the floor!
The remainder of the ride is just as entrancing and a great tribute to the beloved Disney movie. Guests board spinning teacups that dance and move throughout the scenes in each room. The concept is similar to Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Our descriptions don’t do the attraction justice though. Attractions Magazine found a great ride-through video created by Disneyphile!
The ride will officially open in Tokyo Disneyland on September 28th, 2020. We’re crossing our fingers that it will someday make it to other Disney theme parks. Or, at least inspire upcoming attractions to meet its caliber of high-quality tech and entertainment!
Tokyo Disney News
- It’s Time to Haul Out the Holly! Here’s ALL the Holiday Merchandise Coming to the Disney Parks This Year!
- NEWS: Tokyo Disneyland Will Be Suspending Annual Passes Indefinitely in the Parks
- NEWS: Japan Could Allow Foreign Tourists to Enter the Country as Soon as Next Summer
- BRB We’re Going to Tokyo! You HAVE to See the Mind Blowing Animatronics from Tokyo Disney’s Newest Ride
- A New Opening Date Has Been Announced for the Expansion and Additions Coming to Tokyo Disneyland
- NEWS! Nighttime Entertainment is Back at Tokyo Disneyland!
- Forget Alien Encounter, the Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour Was the Creepiest Disney Ride Ever
- PHOTOS: Tokyo Disneyland Resort Has Officially Reopened!
- NEWS: Japan Lifts State of Emergency for Tokyo and All Remaining Areas
- NEWS: Tokyo Disney Resort Extends Closure and Announces Temporary Closure of Resort Hotels
What do you think of the new of the new Beauty and the Beast ride? Let us know your reactions in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!