Most Recent Reviews

Review of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by WeLoveTheHouseOfTheMouse Review Date: 01/02/2013

My DH and I ate here for supper during our trip to the World in November. We have eaten here before, and we have always been pleased.

I love that they have flavored sodas! I had a vanilla diet coke, and the waitress was great about keeping the refills coming! I had the sampler platter to eat, and it did not disappoint.

DH had a cherry Sprite, which is something he looks forward to getting each trip here. For supper, he had the pork chops. His only complaint was that he could have eaten more of them because they were so good.

We both had Dad's Brownie Sundaes for dessert.

Our waitress acted more with the tables that had children, but we were definitely okay with that. She made us set our table and clean our plates, and she said we were very well behaved (probably because we have eaten at 50's several times, and we know to put our cell phones away and to keep our elbows off the table!). Overall, this is a fun restaurant with good food, and we definitely recommend trying it out!

Pros:

food & drinks

Cons:

seating is close together

Review of Riverside Mill Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 01/02/2013

I think pizza in general has been going downhill everywhere, so I was really surprised to try the not so great looking pizza in this food court and to find out it was really good! I tried the breadsticks and sauce one night and thought the sauce was great. I'm used to breadsticks that are more like pizza crust, so didn't like these at all. The next few times I wanted a simple snack I tried the small pizza and thought it was great.

Also you can't go wrong at the bakery or with the ice cream here. Yum!

I stick with simple cold cereal for breakfast, so can't really comment on their food. I guess I stick with the cereal because by the time you wait in line with hot food, it is no longer hot. Really would be nice if they opened the restaurant for breakfast again.

Pros:

Ice Cream, Bakery, Pizza, decent food overall

Cons:

breadsticks, large groups in line

Review of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 01/02/2013

We've stayed at this resort about 4 or 5 times since 1997. I always dread the check-in people and now add concierge to the dread list. Are they trained to be uncooperative and rude? I was wondering if it has something to do with the theme of the resort since it's been going on for so long.

I called Disney and made this reservation. I had requested one building that has been converted to (extra expensive) Royal rooms... not knowing the entire building had been converted. The person on the phone said no problem and marked the building down. When we arrived, they informed us that that building was now all Royal rooms. (Why didn't the person on the phone know this?) So they put us back at Arcadia House which turned out to be a good location - quiet, not too far from pool and if you do a shortcut thru the pool area, not too far from food court. (But it is a walk if you have trouble walking.)

The problem with the room was that the wall unit airconditioning system was directed to blow the cold air right into the head of the bed nearest the door especially, and also got part of the bed that is nearer the bathroom. You can't turn the vents and if the air was turned down, the room got muggy. I stopped at the front desk and then concierge and asked if there was anything that could be done. Maybe a different room or move the beds. I explained that I get headaches easily and was suffering from a continuous 2 day headache and was misearable with this room. They said "Sorry, there is nothing we can do."

I switched beds with the other person in my party who doesn't suffer from headaches and after 2 nights of the cold air blasting, she too was suffering. We had taken the exta pillows and chairs and tried to block the air flow, to no relief. What finally worked was laying the towels over half of the vents to block it at the source. I can't believe what a poor setup Disney has designed for air conditioning in these rooms.
I think that it is similar in the Value resors too. I seem to remember having similar problems at All Star Sports.

Another problem I noticed at Arcadia House was that every so often there was a skunk like smell the came thru the back vent over the sinks.

The grounds at the resort are beautiful if you like pathways along a river with trees and flowers (in season) all around.

I wish they would start serving breakfast in the restaurant again. It is only open for dinner now and serves mainly cajun food.

Got to see Bob in the lounge and had a blast. He is fun for all ages. They are showing movies at night and there are horse drawn carriages at the resort. It's a pretty setting.

The day before we were leaving we happened to be in the lobby and a cast member that worked at check-in was talking to us. One of the nicest people you could meet. Wish she would have been there when we were having problems.

Pros:

Resort grounds & activities, pretty rooms

Cons:

Check-in, Concierge, airconditioners in rooms, restaurant closed for breakfast

Review of Captain Cook's Snack Company

Reviewed by bdrobinson Review Date: 01/02/2013

Very good counter service with excellent pork nachos, chicken sandwiches, flat bread pizza, Poly chips, noodles, Ceasar salad, and, of course, Dole whip! Sometimes the chicken/noodles does not have a lot of chicken in it. Sometimes the Poly chips does not have a good assortment of fried noodles to potato chips. Sometimes the flat bread pizza does have enough topping.

Pros:

Good food!

Cons:

Inconsistent preparation

Review of Crystal Palace Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by bdrobinson Review Date: 01/02/2013

We ate Christmas lunch at the Crystal Palace. We got our table at the reserved time and the service was OK. Although it was Christmas, there was no turkey/stuffing/cranberry sauce and no pumpkin pie. The carved flank steak was tough and should have been roast beef or other better cut of steak. The carved ham was very fatty. There were no peel-em shrimp (but when we complained the waiter brought us some). There were chicken nuggets on the adult buffet (really!?). On the other hand, on the children's buffet was spaghettti and meatballs so spicey we adults could not eat it. But desserts are always good at Disney, right? The "yule log" cake was filled with mocha icing--awful. The sugar cookies were flavorless. There was no sauce for the apple cobbler despite a sign saying there was. The lime pie squares were OK. The softserve seemed very "icey" instead of creamy. Knowing from past Disney buffets that you can always get a chocolate cup filled with something sweet, I grabbed a little chocolate cup topped by a berry. Unfortunately the cup turned out to be a flavorless graham-cracker type cup--not real chocolate. This is one more decline in Disney quality (add to that no more printed napkins, which disappeared last May or so) while prices continue to rise.

Pros:

Lots of Characters

Cons:

poor food selection

Review of Captain's Grille - Breakfast

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 01/01/2013

This is a great bargain for a breakfast buffet. The food is always good and plentiful. No characters, but a good solid meal before heading out to the parks. We will be back.

Review of Crystal Palace Breakfast

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 01/01/2013

The food was very good, but they continued to run out of it. You could not get Mickey waffles, eggs, bacon...standard stuff. That was disappointing because you had to keep going back. It took several trips to get Mickey waffles (the only reason I am there!), so that was not good. The charecters were great though.

Review of Cape May Cafe - Character Breakfast

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 01/01/2013

This is a nice relaxed character experience. The food is good and plentiful. We have dined here a number of times and always enjoyed it.

Review of Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 01/01/2013

This is a great value as far as a Disney restaurant if you get the pizza and salad. The pizza is excellent. The only drawback to this place is the noise level (it is rough). I love the ovens and the whole atmosphere. Would definitely come back.

Review of Chefs de France - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 01/01/2013

We always love coming here. We ate here on 12/21 before the Candelight Processional. The food and service was very good. Got to see Remy, which was an added bonus. The gentleman escorting him was very funny.

1 1,516 1,517 1,518 1,519 1,520 1,522