Reviews of MagicBand

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/16/2021

This saved my phone battery. They make it easy to get into the room, charge things to your room, get into the parks and onto rides. They also make a fun little souvenir after your trip and can be reused for future trips (as long as the battery is still good).

Pros:

Ease of use, saves phone batter, makes it easy to charge to the room.

Cons:

can come loose, makes it easy to charge to the room

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/06/2021

I was excited when these first came out as they made it so easy to move seamlessly through Fast Pass, Restaurant/snack credits for our families with children of all ages whether in groups or if spending part of the day separately or if 3 teens wanted to be independent for an afternoon. I think they were easy to use in practice for young and older Disney visitors. Using it as a room key well was also a great idea.

Pros:

While it still linked to technology, it’s individual independence and ease of use everyday for young and old is key to its benefit and doesn’t require everyone to have a cell phone to carry and use.

Cons:

Don’t have. Our family really enjoyed using these.

Reviewed by LJTombs Review Date: 06/05/2021

These definitely make things easier on you and your phone's battery life. Great for entering parks, unlocking your room door and fast passes.

There are endless designs and colors! Just check throughout the day that is on securely because they are known to pop off.

Pros:

Convenient

Cons:

Occasionally falls off your wrist

Reviewed by DisneyPJ Review Date: 05/13/2021

Magic bands are great. They make it much easier to enter your room, go into a park, and if you are staying on property, you can charge purchases to credit card on file.

Pros:

Easy to use

Cons:

Only con is that it would get caught on my back pack strap.

Reviewed by JBoos Review Date: 04/06/2021

I LOVE the magic bands and I hope they’ll always be around as an option to park and resort guests. While I can see the appeal of being able to use your smart phone for park entrance, I feel like the ease of the magic band far outweighs our smart phones. Plus, the last thing I want to do while I’m anxiously chomping at the bit to gain entry into MK, is to have to fumble around and look for my phone. It’s one less thing to worry about and it’s fun to choose new magic bands every time and keep them for memories! Disney, hear my plea: I’m a 35 year old who is slowly starting to turn into my parents because technology is beginning to defeat me so PLEASE don’t get rid of the magic bands!!

Pros:

Fun and easy!

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Luckyrubberduckee Review Date: 02/26/2021

It's magically! These things are so convenient for room key, photopass, charging to your room. The are water proof so no need to remove for the pool. The kids think the are magic and they get to pick their color. Not free anymore but $5 isn't bad. The biggest con though is they can fall off easily. Mine fell off while picking up my kid luckily someone let me know.

Pros:

Convenient, no fumbling with cards, fun and easy to use

Cons:

Can fall off, not free anymore

Reviewed by HeartBreakKris Review Date: 02/23/2021

I may have accidentally posted this review anonymously. But these are so useful. You can put your credit card on it, use it for a room key & your fastpass! The only reason I didn’t give it a 10 is because I’ve had trouble getting into my room before it before

Pros:

Fastpass, room key, park ticket. So much convenience

Cons:

Doesn’t work 100% of the time

Reviewed by JJKHughes04 Review Date: 09/17/2020

On our recent trip we literally brought nothing into the parks with us except our bands.

Pros:

So convenient to charge purchases to the room, room key, park ticket, memory maker photos

Reviewed by jamie3902 Review Date: 03/15/2020

We used magic bands on both trips. It made rides, photopass, access to ur hotel room on resort, shopping, dining just so much easier.

Pros:

Simple to attach ur information to each band, u can make sure everyone in ur party is attached to memory maker, resort room, dining plan and even the credit card info

Cons:

Needs to be a better way for smaller kids to have a band (just cause I know our toddler wanted to wear her band!) That wont come off. Some kind of way to lock it on to smaller children where it isnt too tight but wont come off.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/03/2020

To clarify my review I want to start with I made the mistake of purchasing my magic band through the Disney world pass holder site. I made a selection then changed it. At check out the site froze then skipped to a confirmation number but no review of my order. My magic band ended up not being the one that I selected and when I called to ask for a correction they gave me a firm no and goodbye. In 22 years of frequenting Disney this is my first bad experience but it's a big one for me because the convenience is lost due to me having paid for something that j won't use. It sounds incredibly petty but I paid extra and every time I look at it it's a reminder that the company can make billions every year but can't swap a piece of plastic for me.

Pros:

It works.

Cons:

It's ugly and the only magic band I did not like in any way and so I hate wearing it.

Other topics in Walt Disney World Theme Park Services