Reviews of MagicBand

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/03/2020

To clarify my review I want to start with I made the mistake of purchasing my magic band through the Disney world pass holder site. I made a selection then changed it. At check out the site froze then skipped to a confirmation number but no review of my order. My magic band ended up not being the one that I selected and when I called to ask for a correction they gave me a firm no and goodbye. In 22 years of frequenting Disney this is my first bad experience but it's a big one for me because the convenience is lost due to me having paid for something that j won't use. It sounds incredibly petty but I paid extra and every time I look at it it's a reminder that the company can make billions every year but can't swap a piece of plastic for me.

Pros:

It works.

Cons:

It's ugly and the only magic band I did not like in any way and so I hate wearing it.

Reviewed by dreams Review Date: 05/19/2015

It's probably my age but I found the band uncomfortable to wear. I wear a wristwatch on my left arm which is the arm I needed to wear the magic band to have it work on the hotel door and to get into the parks, being right-handed. It fell off my husband's wrist as we were getting off the safari but thankfully a woman behind us noticed and stopped us. I ended up carrying them like the old cards and taking them out when we needed them. They did not seem to help get people in the parks any faster.

Pros:

convenience

Cons:

uncomfortable

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/07/2014

When we checked in they asked us to make sure we could access our room with the Magic Bands. They all worked fine. Then we went to the Magic Kingdom and my grandson's would not allow him access to the park. We were told we had to go to Guest Relations, but because it was raining and I did not want to stand out in the rain we went back to the hotel to get in straight. When we got there it took over an hour to finally get it cleared up and then my grandson's "Tragic Band" was the only one that could access the room. Luckily we had Key to the World Cards which would also work to access the room.
Also My son and daughter-in-law could not use their Bands to charge meals or other items.

I wish Disney would not have messed with a system that was pretty good before.

Pros:

Cons:

Don't work all the time

Reviewed by Tigger82 Review Date: 09/25/2014

If I weren't blind, I'm sure my rating would be much different, or cast members more helpful. Being unable to see the mickey head, thank goodness my mother was there because almost all the cast members just stood there uselessly, most not even saying a word. If I were alone, I'd have to align the Mickey heads by trial and error I guess.

Pros:

None for a blind person

Cons:

Couldn't see the Mickey head

Reviewed by ears2you Review Date: 08/05/2014

terrible for FP entry--looks like it works fine for all the "groups" that file past you in the hundreds. no wonder that the rides are constantly broken. will NEVER go again during summer. not impressed with the service of this item-I think WDW is using it in a way they are not admitting as it in no way made FP easy for us. all the other perks are kind-of so-what to us-we can manage our tickets, credit cards and hotel keys. We are not "new" to Disney, we always stay on property and this is or 23rd trip.......

Pros:

hotel entry

Cons:

numerous FP glitches just like the rides!

Reviewed by mmc55 Review Date: 03/04/2014

Great convenience to enter your Resort room. No problems when entering the parks. Somewhat cool to wear - makes WDW even more special. But - and this is a big but - it's easy to lose track of your spending. Just see something you want or eat and instantly you have it - works real good. I was at CBR and a lady in front of me in line was proud how easily she completed her Magicband transaction, she said she had lots of practice - I said that's a bad thing - she didn't laugh. I bet I beat her by the end of our visit.

Pros:

Convenient/Fashionable

Cons:

Too Convenient

Reviewed by rlaneyd Review Date: 01/29/2014

NOT A FAN OF THE BAND!!! Sorry, but I do prefer the Key to the World card that I slip in/out with ease in my Passporter pouch holder. No matter how I adjusted it the band just wasn't fitting me to suit. Sometimes it would work in the restaurants, sometimes it wouldn't. My husband had trouble with his band entering the parks a few times. Disney needs a better option for people who do not want wear the band around their wrist and fearful of losing it if attached elsewhere, like looped thru my wristwatch band.

Pros:

Everything loaded on it

Cons:

Didn't function properly every time, not comfortable

Reviewed by pls Review Date: 01/23/2014

I was part of a family group of 10, and we spend HOURS of park time both at our resort and at Epcot trying to link up our bands (to be fair, each cast member who tried to help us gave us extra fast passes, and one gave us a $50 Epcot merchandise certificate because we had so many issues) to each other and to the memory maker. We and the cast members were never able to link my mother's band to the rest of ours. Several of our group had problems at the park entrance when the bands did not work. If we wanted to park hop, we could not split our fast pass selections between the parks (you can only select one park for the three fast passes each day). We did not have a problem with the meal plan or charging things back to the rooms. We were all upset that there were so many kinks with the band, all the expense of our time and aggrevation.

Pros:

No need to fumble for a park ticket/room key

Cons:

multiple

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 01/11/2014

I was not a fan of the Magic Bands, and I don't like the whole next gen thing in general. Our problems started upon arrival at our resort. We came to the desk at 8:30pm after a long day of traveling. There was some glitch with activating our bands, and repeated reassurances of "it will only take five minutes to fix" turned into two and a half HOURS of waiting and waiting to get into our room. Ridiculous. We had no issues charging or using the dining plan. Because we used cast member admission, that was not linked to the band and we were also unable to take advantage of FP+. I found the band itself to be irritating to my skin and I disliked the texture. Wish they'd offer an alternative for people like me, but alas, they've totally done away with the Key to the World Cards!

Pros:

Convenient

Cons:

Difficulties with activation

Reviewed by slapps Review Date: 01/08/2014

My family and friends have visited Disney World the past 10 out of eleven years. It has always been a very enjoyable time for my family and friends from upstate NY. This year we had 13 in our party and we rented a Grand Villa at Old Key West for 8 days and my family of 4 rented a studio at Wilderness Lodge.

We checked in on December 18 and out on December 28th. From day one, we had nothing but problems with our bands. Not just one but, all of us at one time or another. Everything from not being able to charge, not working to get in the parks, not opening our villa doors, not having the correct charges on each band and card assigned to that band. You name it and it went wrong. I spent hours and I mean hours at the front desk trying to get it fixed. Between the 13 of us we received 53 bands, we had several reservations and everyone of us got bands sent to us and had bands waiting at the counter, what a waste of money. I have never been so disappointed and upset with Disney. I rate our band experience a -40.

Pros:

great when it works

Cons:

just a terrible overall experience

Other topics in Walt Disney World Theme Park Services