Reviews of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Motion simulator dark ride based on Harry Potter film series

Reviewed by Fisher55 Review Date: 11/23/2020

Absolute must do if you are a Harry Potter fan!

Pros:

Incredible theming!

Cons:

Can have a long line

Reviewed by Merwolf Review Date: 11/04/2020

Oh gosh. You know I had to go to my (closed) office building today to pick up things and decided to stop at Universal since it's right around the corner. I rode Forbidden Journey for the first time and was utterly spellbound by the queue. What an amazing preview that was. The amount of detail and things to look at - if you are a HP fan, or even if you arent but you love story and detail you must go through this queue. Having said that - I realized after the ride that I think I liked the queue and it's detail better than the ride itself.
Don't get me wrong - it wasn't the motion. I don't get motion sick and I didn't on this, but except for the bits where we were flying after Harry - the circular motion really didn't do much for me.

Pros:

Amazing, amazing detail in the queue. Take the tour, spend time examining the queue, get totally absorbed in the world of Hogwarts and Harry Potter.

Cons:

The motion simulator simulated an odd motion in a lot of places. It's a half on your back, rotating motion of a bench seat and you get placed face to face with lots of familiar things.

Reviewed by KWeber24 Review Date: 09/30/2020

I love this ride and it is my favorite simulator ride. The queue line is wonderful and every Harry Potter fan will feel like they are a student at Hogwarts. If you don’t want to ride, at least go through the queue. I also love that the ride incorporates a lot of things from the movies but the storyline is also a stand-alone story. You truly feel like you are flying and I would ride this 100 times in a row. I never wanted to watch the movies until I rode this ride with my friends. It truly made me become a potter head.

Pros:

Theming is out of this world, so real

Cons:

Might be scary for young kids, might cause motion sickness

Reviewed by LeandroRodrigues Review Date: 09/27/2020

Every HP fan needs to go on this attraction, they managed to create a plot that sums up the series and it´s magical! The ride in itself take you to quidditch, facing dementors and giant spiders, you face Yo Know Who and the Chamber of Secrets with Harry and his friends by your side! Very Special! The queue make you explore Hogwarts castle, the Herbology class, the House Points hourglass, Dumbledore´s office, sorting hat... SERIOUSLLY you need to go,evenif you´re not very fan of the series, since the immersion and experience it´s pretty cool! It´s a simulator, but this is one that is totally worth it get a little dizzy

Pros:

Immersive, theming, very interactive queue

Cons:

You may feel a little bit dizzy

Reviewed by ErinS Review Date: 09/23/2020

Personally I think this is the best ride at Universal Orlando. The creators spent a significant amount of time to make sure everyone can enjoy the ride multiple times and it feels as if you have been inserted into the movies.

Pros:

Coolest queue I have ever seen. Actually would wait in line and not ride the ride as the line goes through multiple Hogwarts scenes and very interactive. Can spot something new in the ride every time you ride.

Cons:

Scary scenes for small kids that involve spiders and dementors. Lots of motion so can induce motion sickness. Does not fit many tall people. Ride operators will stop you multiple times to make sure you can fit the ride.

Reviewed by Sophia Review Date: 09/23/2020

THE BEST RIDE IN UNIVERSAL if you are a Potter head you will be obssessed

Pros:

Adventure, fantasy

Cons:

Upside down, motion sickness if your prone

Reviewed by MSA2016 Review Date: 09/22/2020

If you are motion sick prone, this is not the ride for you. I am not and still get off this ride feeling nauseous. The storyline is really cool and integrates cool effects. Even if you don’t ride, the queue is a must do.

Pros:

Very cool effects especially with the spiders and quidich. Amazing queue.

Cons:

Motion sickness

Reviewed by Desiree630 Review Date: 09/22/2020

Even my roller coaster hating nephew (who hasn’t seen any Harry Potter) loves this ride. You do get gently spun upside down for a minute so don’t leave anything in your pocket at all. You really got the illusion of flying. Such a ,ahi always ride

Pros:

Smoothly moves you around

Cons:

Congested lockers

Reviewed by EmmaLee Review Date: 09/22/2020

This is the best rollercoaster I have ever been on. It\\'s fast, its got lots of cool creatures and structures. I don\\'t ever like to spoil things for people who haven\\'t ever been on it so I will say there are a lot of unexpected elements the first time you ride. It is extremely re-rideable because there are so many cool things and it goes so fast.

Pros:

thrilling and great theming

Cons:

long long lines

Reviewed by ebowers2011 Review Date: 09/22/2020

Who doesn’t love a good ride around Hogwarts and through time of the Harry Potter films/books?!

Pros:

I love the fact that they included some details in Hogwarts that we’re not in the films!

Cons:

I don’t have any!

Other topics in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade Rides and Attractions