Reviews of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Reviewed by ChrisSmileMore Review Date: 09/15/2022

Very cool and unique ride. I don't normally get motion sick on screen based rides,but this one does sometimes get me.
But I LOVE the bits where you're zipping around the scenery and creatures.
Baffled that this gets such short queues now.

Pros:

Theming is great. Very unique

Cons:

Can make you feel quesy

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/08/2022

SOOOO Scary! I heard it was similar to Soarin. The beginning is very similar. But it moves around so much. I am not a coaster person, but I would rather ride a coaster than ride this again. It is also really dark and scary. Not appropriate for kids at all, which is fine since they probably wouldn't be tall enough to ride this anyway.

Pros:

Great for HP fans. Getting to walk through the castle is really cool. And the beginning of the ride is fun.

Cons:

AWFUL for those who don't like rollercoasters or thrill rides. Dark, scary, and jerky. If you (or your kids) are scared easily, don't bother with this.

Reviewed by DisneyNewbie41 Review Date: 04/10/2022

Had to keep my eyes closed or I would have sure gotten sick ( I did get sick after). The queue was definitely 10 out of 10! I wish I had taken a Dramamine.

Pros:

Best queue of any ride!

Cons:

Made me very sick

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/23/2022

Terrible ride

Pros:

No pros

Cons:

The ride is always malfunctioning and the line is so long I felt like I was going to turn to dust.

Reviewed by HarryPotterIsTheBest Review Date: 02/02/2022

This is my favorite ride of all time! It’s is so amazing and Harry Potter fans use ride it! It can make some people motion sick but even if you don’t want to ride it you should definitely go through the Q the ride is so fun!

Pros:

The details and the amazingly fun ride

Cons:

Lines and for some people motion sickness

Reviewed by beachbb1 Review Date: 11/09/2021

Magically immersive , exciting ride in Hogwarts itself! Ride along with Harry and the gang on an incredible adventure. The Que is filled with eye candy every HP fan will love!

Pros:

Hogwarts School !! What's not to love?? End with shopping in Filchs' stash of confiscated treasures.

Cons:

Long lines

Reviewed by itsagreatbigbeautifultomorrow Review Date: 10/14/2021

This is an amazing dark screen ride with the Kuka arm technology!

Pros:

Feels like you are flying

Cons:

May get motion sickness

Reviewed by magicwmads Review Date: 09/30/2021

I just can’t ride this one anymore. At all. I used to ride it with my eyes closed when it was in front of a screen, but I have to sit this one out now. I do enjoy the immersive experience. But I can’t get over how sick it makes me. If I were you I’d walk through the queue then walk out the exit.

Pros:

Impressive ride technology

Cons:

Will make you sick

Reviewed by ProudHufflepuff Review Date: 09/29/2021

What an amazing ride!! The queue is sooo immersive! All the Easter eggs are there and you may have to go through it several times to spot them all. It can get a bit nauseating for people with weak stomachs (don't eat before going on). The mix of screens and sets is great, the ride vehicle is great...
just an immersive ride into Harry Potter.

Pros:

Queue!

Cons:

Nauseating for some.

Reviewed by anagram Review Date: 09/27/2021

This is a really fun attraction! The first time I rode it, I knew literally nothing about Harry Potter, and it was still fun. Before my next visit, I watched the first few HP movies and enjoyed the ride so much more. This ride is very immersive and makes you feel like you're in the movies alongside the characters. I would definitely ride this again.

Pros:

Excellent theming. Thrilling, but not too scary for most.

Cons:

Could cause motion sickness. Could be a bit scary for younger kids. The ride definitely jerks you around a bit.

Other topics in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade Rides and Attractions