Reviews of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Reviewed by MSA2016 Review Date: 09/22/2020

If you are motion sick prone, this is not the ride for you. I am not and still get off this ride feeling nauseous. The storyline is really cool and integrates cool effects. Even if you don’t ride, the queue is a must do.

Pros:

Very cool effects especially with the spiders and quidich. Amazing queue.

Cons:

Motion sickness

Reviewed by Childlessmillenial Review Date: 09/22/2020

The queue is Fantastic and a must do experience for any Potterhead. The ride however is not for the faint of stomach . . . I would be cautious if you have a history of migraines as I found this ride very triggering and had to close my eyes several times and take a good twenty minutes recovery time afterwards.

Pros:

A magical must see queue that's amazing for photos

Cons:

Dated animatronics Very rough ride movement Simulations that make even stronger stomachs queasy

Reviewed by olivia50 Review Date: 09/14/2020

The queue was amazing, and super immersive! The ride itself was pretty good and the story was cool, thought the ride itself felt more like the amazing Spider-Man ride. If there were more unique mechanical elements, then the ride would be perfect!

Pros:

Waiting queue Unique storyline

Cons:

Unoriginal ride feel

Reviewed by MacyMcMillan Review Date: 09/14/2020

It breaks my heart to say that this is my least favorite ride in all of the Wizarding World. I think I had high hopes for excellence since it’s the ride inside of Hogwarts school, but it left me pretty disappointed. It almost tilts you upside down several times and that actually made me very uncomfortable, it made me feel nauseated, and the dementors looked so unrealistic to me it was almost comical. I do think everyone should ride it once because the queue alone is incredible.

Pros:

The queue

Cons:

The ride itself is less than impressive, if you’re a tall/broad person you may have issues riding, my husband is tall with very broad shoulders and he didn’t pass the seat check since it’s an over the shoulder restraint.

Reviewed by Sassysince1977 Review Date: 04/07/2021

Best ride que for sure. The ride is really neat. However, it makes me so sick that I’ve only rode it twice. It’s the only ride at Universal that made me think I was going to get sick before even getting off of it. If I could get past the motion sickness, I would give it a higher rating.

Pros:

Awesome ride

Cons:

Major motion sickness

Reviewed by ArielP Review Date: 09/14/2020

When this ride first opened, I thought it was the most high tech and immersive ride out there. Now, after experiencing Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, I find myself underwhelmed with Forbidden Journey. It is also quite a doozy for those who suffer from motion sickness. I still say give it a go though because the queue itself is AMAZING. Pop a dramamine beforehand and it'll be worth it.

Pros:

Queue theming is excellent and you get to satisfy your inner HP nerd with references to most of the movies sprinkled throughout the ride and queue.

Cons:

The screens in the ride are sort of fuzzy and the style of the ride itself is very dizzying making for a potentially nauseating combo.

Reviewed by Nobody Review Date: 03/16/2021

It is a great ride and a must for fans of the books and movies. Still thrilling if you don't know anything about the series. It is NOT friendly to all body types. Try the tester before waiting in long line and being bummed out. If you can't fit do the que anyway and let the team members know you are just doing the que.

Pros:

Thrilling and immersive que and ride. Iconic.

Cons:

Not for all body types. Restrictive seats and could cause motion sickness.

Reviewed by Merwolf Review Date: 11/04/2020

Oh gosh. You know I had to go to my (closed) office building today to pick up things and decided to stop at Universal since it's right around the corner. I rode Forbidden Journey for the first time and was utterly spellbound by the queue. What an amazing preview that was. The amount of detail and things to look at - if you are a HP fan, or even if you arent but you love story and detail you must go through this queue. Having said that - I realized after the ride that I think I liked the queue and it's detail better than the ride itself.
Don't get me wrong - it wasn't the motion. I don't get motion sick and I didn't on this, but except for the bits where we were flying after Harry - the circular motion really didn't do much for me.

Pros:

Amazing, amazing detail in the queue. Take the tour, spend time examining the queue, get totally absorbed in the world of Hogwarts and Harry Potter.

Cons:

The motion simulator simulated an odd motion in a lot of places. It's a half on your back, rotating motion of a bench seat and you get placed face to face with lots of familiar things.

Reviewed by Tiffer Review Date: 09/14/2020

I didn’t think I would really enjoy this ride but I did. I kind of felt like I was flying in it.

Pros:

I felt like I was in the experience.

Cons:

The seats are pretty small, if you are a bigger person you will not be very comfortable.

Reviewed by JNola18 Review Date: 09/14/2020

This ride is super fun and makes you feel like you're in the movie. I LOVE going through the castle

Pros:

Super magical and feels like you're a part of the world.

Cons:

The line is always SO long

Other topics in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade Rides and Attractions