Okay, where are our Disneyland history buffs at?
Most Disney fans know that Walt Disney had a fascination with and love of trains! That then inspired him to build the Disneyland Railroad, which opened in the park in 1955. But what happened to the original Disneyland railroad tracks? Well, we now know that at least parts of it have been worked into art by a fan!
In an Instagram post, Philander (@philanderc85) posted photos of a gift he received from one of Disneyland Railroad’s conductors, Michael (@michaelmountain). Michael managed to obtain a section of the original 1955 Disneyland Railroad tracks. Yes, those tracks are the same railroad tracks that Walt himself rode along when the Disneyland railroad was built.
Michael took those railroad tracks and started cutting them down and working with them to create something magical. This is REAL artistry at work here, folks.
Those railroad tracks eventually became 100 beautiful and unique rings!
These rings were cast in honor of the Walt Disney Company’s 100th Anniversary. Each piece is one-of-a-kind and has a number inside its band. Each also comes with a beautiful accompanying wooden box that also has a number carved into it. Just look at this gorgeous work.
According to @philanderc85, Michael worked “tirelessly on this passion project for months” and is currently handing out the unique mementos of Disneyland history. So 100 lucky souls will soon be in possession of a piece of Walt Disney history. How cool is that?
We love seeing how creative Disney fans can be — especially when it comes to turning actual pieces of history into art. We’ll continue to keep an eye out for more stories like this, so be sure to check back with AllEars often.
We’ll also keep you updated on everything going on for Disney’s 100th Anniversary!
VIDEO: Bob Iger Shares New Disney 100th Anniversary Commercial
Read More About the Disney 100 Years of Wonder 100th Anniversary Celebration!
- Everything We Know About Disney’s 100th Anniversary So Far
- ALL of the Disney 100th Anniversary Merchandise You Can Find Online
- Stop Everything — The Gorgeous 100th Anniversary Ears Have Arrived in Disney World!
- 3 NEW Disney 100th Anniversary Merchandise Collections Are Coming in 2023!
- Learn About the Disney 100 Years of Wonder Exhibition Tour
- Amazon Has Disney 100th Anniversary Merchandise NOW!
- New 100th Anniversary Disney Credit Card Design Coming Soon
- Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle Will Get New Look Next Year
- Go Behind the Scenes of Disney’s NEW 100th Anniversary Nighttime Spectacular
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Do you own a piece of Disney history? Let us know about it in the comments!