Disney recently shared more information about their Fifth “Inclusion” Key, which was announced this past fall as an addition to their “Four Keys” training model for all Cast Members across the company.
One of the ways Disney is incorporating this new Key is through updating their Dress Code for both costumed and non-costumed Cast Members. Under this new policy, gender-inclusive hairstyles, jewelry, nail styles, costume choices, and appropriate visible tattoos are permitted.
This is not your ordinary Dress Code update. Disney’s Dress Code policies have been widely known for years as maintaining a specific “Disney Look” across all roles, whether the Cast Member is onstage interacting with guests or backstage in corporate roles.
Now, Disney has expanded this policy to be more mindful and inclusive of different cultures, genders, backgrounds, and personal expressions. For example, Disney’s former Dress Code had more limitations on what nail colors Cast Members could wear. Now, that has expanded to essentially any solid color, as long as it’s the same color on each nail!
Another BIG change is Disney’s policy concerning tattoos. Before, tattoos could not be visible at ALL. Now, appropriate visible tattoos are allowed, as long as they are no larger than the Cast Member’s hand when fully extended.
Disney also expanded its permitted use of jewelry. Cast Members may wear one wrist or ankle bracelet no larger than one inch in width. Charm bracelets are also permitted. If a Cast Member wishes to wear earrings, they may have up to two earrings in each ear.
If you’ve ever been a Cast Member or know someone who is or was a Cast Member, then you’re likely familiar with the “Disney Look.” It’s a major component in the everyday ins and outs of being a Cast Member, so any changes made would have a far-reaching impact across the company. It’s a pretty big deal that Disney is now allowing visible tattoos, expanding its permissible jewelry, and allowing gender-inclusive hairstyles.
Updating the Disney Look a major step towards fully implementing their new “Inclusion” Key and making Cast Members across the company feel welcomed.
Share your favorite Cast Member story or experience in the comments below!
Disney World News
- How Did Disney World’s Wait Times Change with New Health & Safety Policies This Week?
- Here’s EVERYTHING You Need to Know About Disney’s Star Wars Hotel
- All the Entertainment That STILL Hasn’t Returned to Disney World
- How Could Disney World Change with Increased Capacity Measures?
- Festival of the Lion King Reduces Physical Distancing For Guests in Disney World
- Things We Take for Granted in Disney World
- Do These 10 Rides Deserve to Be the WORST at Walt Disney World?
- NEWS: Plexiglass Removed From Tower of Terror in Disney World
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: What the New Face Mask Policy Looks Like in Disney World
- BREAKING: Disney World Will No Longer Require Masks Outdoors
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!