For decades, the Walt Disney Company has trained each and every Cast Member across all lines of business on the basis of four “keys.” These keys represented four pillars that Cast Members instill in them during their time with the company. They include Safety, Courtesy, Show, and Efficiency.
Now, a major update is coming to the Four Keys system, as a fifth key is being added to the lineup. This fifth key will represent Inclusion.
According to WDWMagic, Cast Members will now be trained based on a five-key system instead of four. The four original keys, Safety, Courtesy, Show, and Efficiency, follow that strict hierarchical order, and at this time we do not know where Inclusion will land among the other four keys.
These keys are taught to each and every Cast Member on day one of their training as part of their “Traditions” course, where they learn about company history, culture, and what it means to be a Disney Cast Member.
After training is complete, these keys are part of the Cast Member’s daily activities, and are used in decision making, problem solving, and interacting with fellow Cast Members and guests. Cast Members also receive re-training of the Keys throughout their time with the company.
Over the past few months, the Walt Disney Company has made a commitment to improve their inclusion initiatives across the board. In late May, the company released a statement recognizing the need to bring about “real change” and to “further strengthen our commitment to diversity and inclusion.”
Are you a current or former Disney Cast Member? Share your thoughts on this major change to Disney’s Keys in the comments!
More Disney News!
- Disney World Had a BUSY Weekend with Higher Wait Times!
- A New Docuseries About George Lucas Is In the Works!
- ‘Shang Chi’ Has the BEST Third Weekend Hold of Any Marvel Movie Ever Released!
- Excited for Christmas? Disney Holiday Items Are ALREADY Available Online!
- Comparing Halloween Events at Disney World, Universal, and SeaWorld
- PHOTOS: Boat Rentals are BACK at Select Disney World Resorts!
- Okay…We Found Someone Who Loves Disney MORE Than Us!
- The Most Confusing Parts of Disney Genie Explained
- EVERY Lightning Lane Sign We’ve Seen So Far in Disney World!
- EPCOT is the Place to BE For Low Wait Times in Disney World!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!