We just heard about when the NEW The Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure exhibit will be opening at EPCOT, and we can’t wait to check it out.
But, EPCOT isn’t the only spot in Disney World that will be getting something new soon. February is Black History Month and Disney is doing some special things to highlight Black artists, celebrate jazz music, and more. Starting in February, a whole bunch of new experiences are coming to Disney Springs!
Beginning in February, guests will be able to “Celebrate Soulfully at Disney Springs.” As part of this celebration, there will be several new offerings for everyone to enjoy, including new art displays, special food items, and more.
If you’re looking for some great art, you’ll be able to check out 4 NEW art displays inspired by Disney and Pixar’s Soul. These art displays have been created by emerging Black artists: Bee Harris, Bianca Pastel, Arrington Porter, and Cory Van Lew. These pieces of art were originally developed as part of the HUE Unlimited collection. They represent each artist’s interpretation of Soul.
Want to check out some of the blankets, shirts, tote bags, and more that were released as part of the HUE Unlimited collection? Check out our full post.
If you want to enjoy some jazz music, you’ll be able to do that at Disney Springs too. Three evenings each week — on Mondays, Thursdays, and Sundays — musicians will perform throughout Disney Springs. Disney is calling these days Motown Mondays, Jazz Thursdays, and Smooth Sundays.
To continue the celebrations, some restaurants in Disney Springs, including Amorette’s Patisserie, will also feature special items. Amorette’s will actually have treats available inspired by Soul and some items inspired by The Princess and the Frog.
Throughout Disney Springs, a few different stores will also highlight products from Black designers, artists, and visionaries.
So, be sure to be on the lookout for all of these exciting new options coming to Disney Springs starting in February. We’ll keep an eye out for more updates about Disney World and let you know what we see.
Are you excited for these new events, food items, and more? Let us know in the comments.
More Stories About Disney World
- WARNING: Don’t Let This Important Closure Impact Your ’Ohana Dining Reservation
- Hide and Seek in Hollywood Studios?! We’re Taking on a HUGE Disney World Challenge!
- We’re Planning a Full Week of Disney Outfits For You!
- Disney World Pros Know THIS Is the Most Reliable Park 🤫
- SAVE on Your Hotel Stay With This Brightline Train DEAL
- You Might Want To AVOID EPCOT on April 21st
- Why Disney World Won’t Fix Its Ugly Construction Problem Anytime Soon
- How Much Will a Lighting Lane Cost for Disney World’s NEW Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Ride?
- Will Space Mountain CHANGE in Magic Kingdom?
- 5 Disney World Rides Are Now Hopelessly Outdated. But Do They Have to Change?