runDisney is taking over our feed with medal reveals and TONS of new merchandise! The runner overload makes sense as runDisney events are taking place throughout Spring 2021 in a virtual format.
At the beginning of January, Disney runners laced up their shoes to take on the 2021 Virtual Walt Disney World Marathon and now there’s a fun craft to commemorate all those miles.
Runners participating in the Goofy Challenge complete both the Half Marathon (13.1) and Marathon distances (26.2) back-to-back. Quite an athletic feat!
Well GARWSH, if you did that, you certainly earned some bragging rights. These DIY Goofy shoe charms, released by runDisney, fit right into your laces and will remind you of that one time you ran a ton of miles in one weekend! Plus, it’s pretty easy to make!
- Printable Plastic Shrink Paper
- Parchment Paper
- Handheld Hole Punch
- Pair of Scissors
- Baking Sheet
- runDisney PRINTABLE themed shoe charm image
- Download and print the Virtual Goofy’s Race & a Half Challenge-inspired shoe charm image onto the printable plastic shrink paper.
- Preheat your over to warm up to 350 degrees.
- Cut out each charm image along the outline – make sure to cut off all the black lines. You can print out and make as many as you’d like!
- Once you’ve cut out all your pieces, use a hole puncher to punch out the black circles on each side, now leaving a space for you to pull your shoelaces through.
- Place no more than 3-4 charms on a baking sheet and bake them for 3 minutes.
- Once they have shrunk down, pull out of the oven and let cool completely.
- Now decorate your shoes in true GOOFY style!
How fun! Making Shrinky Dinks just like we’re kids again.
Have you participated in a runDisney event? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!