We’ve definitely noticed some larger crowds on certain days and certain areas throughout Disney World.
When Florida originally moved to phase 3, which would allow theme parks to increase their capacity, Disney initially said that it would not be increasing capacity immediately. But, Disney has shared that park capacity has now changed!
During the earnings call today, Bob Chapek, the current Chief Executive officer of The Walt Disney Company, noted that Disney is encouraged by what they’re seeing in parks around the world with high guest demand and park operators becoming more efficient and effective at operating under COVID guidelines. Chapek also noted that Disney World has in fact been able to increase capacity. Specifically, Chapek said, “Walt Disney World, which was at a 25% capacity constraint…now has been able to increase to 35% of capacity, so almost a 50% increase in the number of guests that we can allow in.”
Chapek noted, however, that they are still adhering “to the local guidelines and the guidelines that are stipulated by the CDC with the six-foot social distancing.”
We’ll keep updating you as we learn more. Stay tuned for all the latest news!
More Stories About Walt Disney World
- The Top 7 Things We Hope Reopen SOON in Disney World
- PHOTOS: Can You Guess Which Fan-Favorite Celebrity We Saw in Disney World?!
- The Worst Decisions You’re Making in Disney World
- AllEars TV: Disney World Snack Goes HORRIBLY Wrong
- PHOTOS: There’s FILMING Happening in Disney World Today!
- We Have A Champion for the Disney World Ultimate Tournament!
- Buy One of These Disney Gift Cards and Get a BONUS One Free!
- Another EPCOT Store Has Temporarily Closed!
- PHOTOS: We Found a Social Distancing Problem in Disney World
- NEW Luxury Apartments Coming Near Disney World — Here’s When!