As Disney World and other theme parks in Orange County continue their phased reopening, some may be wondering whether or not these businesses are complying with the current health and safety recommendations set by the Center for Disease Control.
While Disney World has communicated a strict face mask policy as well as social distancing guidelines, their protocols may soon be put to the “test” with secret shopper visits from Orange County officials.
Fox 35 Orlando has reported that special “strike teams” will be making unannounced trips to theme parks in Orange County. These teams have already visited thousands of businesses in the county over the past two months, but now their efforts will specifically focus on theme parks.
Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings announced in a recent news conference that “In addition to smaller businesses, the strike teams will be once again visiting major theme parks unannounced very soon.” Demings did not specifically say which theme parks will receive these visits.
The goal of these visits is to ensure businesses are compliant with current CDC guidelines. Out of the 3,620 unannounced visits completed thus far, the county has had to conduct approximately 450 follow-up visits.
Be sure to keep an eye on AllEars for the latest theme park news and information!
Click here to learn about a new message thanking guests for wearing their face masks in Disney World!
Have you visited Disney World or Universal Orlando Resort since the theme parks reopened this summer? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- AllEars TV: Disney World Did Something Weird Again
- Here’s What Happens When the Skyliner is CLOSED in Disney World
- Details You Missed from the Latest Disney World News Drop!
- BREAKING: Disney World to Reduce Physical Distancing Guidelines in Select Locations
- AllEars TV: Stop Hating On My Favorite Disney World Park!
- PHOTOS: New Rey Lightsaber Hilt Has Arrived in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- NEWS: Disney College Program to Offer Gender-Neutral Housing
- PHOTOS: Another Quick Service Restaurant Has Reopened in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Disney World’s Most Infamous Beverage is Returning to EPCOT’s New Club Cool
- Could More After Hours Parties Be Returning Soon to Disney World?