Yesterday, ‘it’s a small world’ in Disneyland celebrated another anniversary!
To celebrate, Disney Family released an adorable DIY project to bring some magic to your crafting!
Here is everything you will need to create some flower pot stakes inspired by “it’s a small world”!
- 4–5-inch wooden cutouts, in circles or hearts
- 12-inch wooden dowels, for the flower stems
- Basswood sheets, thin enough to be cut with scissors
- Acrylic paint, in solid or glitter colors
- Hole punch
- Letter stickers or paint markers (optional)
- Hot glue
All cutting and hot gluing should be done by an adult.
1. Paint the wooden cutouts and wooden dowels with a base coat of acrylic paint in colors that match the flower or heart signs from It’s A Small World. Allow to dry completely.
2. For any shapes that are not found already pre-cut (like petals, leaves, or small dots), the desired shape can be drawn onto thin basswood sheets and cut out with scissors. Small dots can be punched out from the wood sheet using a hole punch.
3. Paint any basswood cutouts with a base coat of the acrylic paint. Allow to dry completely. If more details are needed, use fine-tipped paintbrushes to add details atop the base coat of paint.
4. If using, paint the letter stickers with acrylic paint in colors that match the signs from It’s A Small World. Paint markers can also be used to write out any script.
5. Add any final paint details with a fine-tipped paintbrush. Hot glue the finished wood pieces together to create mini versions of the iconic flower, heart, or leaf signs.
We can’t wait to see what other craft projects Disney Family has for us next.
What are some of your favorite Disney inspired crafts? Let us know in the comments
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!