Disney’s Skyliner System is reopening to guests today. The new transportation system closed on October 5 after it’s first major incident within a week of being open to the public (learn more about that here).
The Skyliner started operating at 8:00 am today. Guests can travel on the system from 8:00 am to 10:30 pm daily, with the exception of a few days this week due to system updates.
The system will operate with modified hours on the following days:
- October 16: The Disney Hollywood Studios line will be closed while the other two lines will be available from 1:00 pm – 10:30 pm
- October 17 and 18: All lines will be open from 1:00 pm – 10:30 pm
In a statement released today Disney stated: “Following a complete review with the manufacturer, we’ve made adjustments to our processes and training, and we are improving how we communicate with guests during their flight with Disney Skyliner. We again offer our deepest apologies to the guests impacted by the malfunction that resulted in extended operating delays on October 5.”
A reminder that the system will slow or stop was also issued by Disney: “Similar to ski lift systems, Disney Skyliner may slow or come to some stops during the ride, particularly when we need to accommodate guests who require additional time to load their cabin. We want to assure you that the comfort of every guest is important to us.”
Did you get a chance to ride the Skyliner before it closed? Will you ride it in the future? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!
Want to learn more about Disney's Skyliner System? We can help!
- Soar While You Sip with Disney World Skyliner Refillable Mugs!
- We’re ranking the WDW Transportation Systems!
- All Ears TV: 11 Fast Facts About the NEW Disney Skyliner in Disney World!
- Disney World’s Skyliner System Reopens Today Following Incident
- Three Reasons You’ll Want to Ride Disney Skyliner!
- First Flight! Photos from Our First Ride on Disney World’s New Skyliner System!
- Joffrey’s Announces New Location and Drink Celebrating the Opening of Disney’s Skyliner System