The winter issue of Disney twenty-three will be arriving in the mailboxes of D23 Gold and Gold Family members soon! We’ve got a preview of what you’ll find in the publication issued by D23, The Official Disney Fan Club.
The bar is set very high for covers of this magazine, and the Winter 2018 issue cover will not disappoint. This issue features artwork inspired by the film Mary Poppins Returns, which opens in theaters on December 19, 2018.
Disney twenty-three gives readers a look at the next chapter in the lives of Mary Poppins and the Banks family. The feature includes interviews with the film‘s director Rob Marshall and stars Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda.
This issue also includes a look at Practically Poppins in Every Way, a new book that chronicles Mary Poppins the character in books, song, movies, and on Broadway.
The winter edition of this publication is special because it features not only a front but a back cover that’s also a work of art — that is until Ralph and Vanellope broke it!
Ralph Breaks the Internet will be released on November 21, 2018. You’ll be able to get insights about the movie from directors Rich Moore and Phil Johnston, and Sarah Silverman, the voice of Vanellope. This trio will give an inside look at the excitement Wreck-It Ralph will face in the wacky and wild World Wide Web.
D23.com will once again celebrate the D23 Days of Christmas in December. This is a celebration of the holidays with original stories, videos, crafts, recipes, and downloadables. This year’s theme is the cartoon featurette Mickey’s Christmas Carol, which celebrates its 35th anniversary this year. This edition of the magazine includes a conversation with animator Mark Henn and Disney Legend Burny Mattinson about the making of the holiday classic.
Other features in the publication include:
- The Imagineers behind Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, opening in 2019 at Hollywood Studios, offer up exciting details about the adventures that await guests when they ride this new attraction.
- Learn what’s to come in the latest installment of Kingdom Hearts III from the creative minds behind the video game series.
- Previews of almost everything coming from Disney in 2019—from theme parks and movies to television and beyond.
- Coverage of the rededication of Stage A to Sherman Brothers Stage A, as Disney Legend Richard Sherman reflects on the honor.
- A reflection on Tinker Bell’s timeless charm and enduring legacy.
- D23 takes a close look at Disney Legend Peter Ellenshaw’s background artwork for 1964’s Mary Poppins, which you’ll see in Mary Poppins Returns as well.
- A look at how guests can enjoy holiday magic—including unique Christmas trees delivered right to their doors at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts—as well as a photographic journey through the annual Disney Parks Christmas Parade, which has been airing on ABC for three decades.
- From the Desk of: El Capitan Theatre organist Rob Richards
- Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave
Are you a member of D23? How much do you look forward to this publication every quarter? Let us know in the comments below!
Subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any exciting Disney news!