Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/14/2019

This was our first time attending and while it was great to see the costumes, the crowds were horrendous. We expected lower crowd levels and wait times based on this being a separate ticketed event which was definitely not the case. It was more crowded after the 7 p.m. start time then during regular park hours.

Pros:

Costumes and Candy

Cons:

Ridiculously crowded. Long wait times.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/13/2019

Miserable experience for our first Halloween party! Crowds were unbelievable -- wall to wall people. Daughter wanted to see Jasmine. Waited in line for over an hour and watched only 10 (or fewer) children meet Jasmine during her only 30-minute appearance. With lines so long, characters should meet children, take ONE picture per group and move on. Attempted no rides or other characters. Got 2 handfuls of candy after waiting in LONG lines. Sat an hour before parade to save spot. Left after parade. Waste of $300. Disappointed kiddo!

Pros:

Parade was good but had to stake out a spot an hour before the parade.

Cons:

Everything!

Reviewed by Villeguy Review Date: 10/13/2019

We purchased tickets for four parties (09/29, 10/01, 10/03 and 10/08) months before the season pass was offered. So we started off with a bad taste in our mouths due to the amount of dollars loss. It just got worse from there. Three of the four parties were sold out. You do NOT ever want to attend a sold out party. I repeat "YOU DO NOT EVERY WANT TO ATTEND A SOLD OUT PARTY". There were more people in the park at the parties then there were during a normal hours day. The attractions had standby waits of 30 to 50 minutes. In my opinion attractions waits at a hard ticket event should never be longer than 20 minutes. If you go to the party for the attractions you will never be able to ride more than 5 or 6. At one party Space Mountain went down for a good portion of the night. The waits for the special characters can go into hours. Compared to the multi-night ticket we had for Universal's Halloween Horror nights with their express pass, we were able to go through all 10 of their houses and ride four rides in one night, while still being able to leave early, hit up Voodoo Donuts and avoid the major crowds at the end of the night. In fact we had thought about going to Halloween Horror Nights on one of the nights that we had paid for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, that's how disappointed we were. At this point I don't think we will ever attend another MNSSHP. Let me rephrase that "We will never attend another MNSSHP!"

Pros:

Non

Cons:

Non

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/12/2019

Save your $$. Wall to wall and not limited. I know they say sold out but how many tickets are they selling?

The only positive was it seemed most people left after the 9 parade/firework show. But then park closes at 12. People running to get on rides. Why not stay open till 1 am?

Food was poor and limited. Long lines for rides, characters, and food. Just not worth it or what it used to be.

Way too many locals who are there to get there big group pictures taken. Parade locations were camped out with blankets and reserved way in advanced.

Not magical anymore.

Pros:

Haunted Mansion outside lighting, characters, fog. Pirates-live characters on ride. Lots of candy

Cons:

PACKED!- way too many people. Resort bus was slammed with adults in major costumes, getting in turnstiles was crazy, Main Street wall to wall. Lines- 1 1/2 to meet 7 dwarfs. Rides slammed. Food- limited places to eat. So Pecks Bills was over 40 minutes, food was sloppy & rushed. No bueno. Adults- this has turned into an fancy adult “look at me” costume instagram event. Not for kids.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/12/2019

I am currently stuck on a montarail as we speak I'm very disappointed with the Halloween party nothing was like it said it would be,they don't even have decent food available just chicken fingers and fries what an absolute waste of 244 dollars. Barely any candy and the staff didn't seem to know much about anything it was our first and last time

Pros:

Non

Cons:

Read above

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/10/2019

NOT FOR KIDS. I hadn’t been since Oct 2009 and it was nothing like it was 10 years ago. In 2009, I took my 4 yr old sons who dressed as a tiny Pan and Hook. We sat on the curb for a delightful parade, did rides at our leisure, and most magical- a cast member engaged them in an impromptu sword fight in the mostly empty streets of Frontierland (back when you could bring swords!) Cast members dumped ridiculous amounts of candy in their bags as we meandered around the park.
I recently tried to repeat the magic with my 4 year old daughter. Miserable. Long lines for candy. Long lines for rides. Long lines for characters. Long lines for food. Worst of all, as we looked for a spot to watch the parade 45 min in advance, I quickly found we were edged out by adults who were angling to see the headless horseman. This event has been marketed into an event for collectors and adult Disney enthusiasts who come for the special edition treats and souvenirs. I’m fine w that, but market it as such. The original “not so scary” moniker implies that this event is kid centric and it’s just not- way too many people.

Pros:

Theming

Cons:

Too crowded

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/09/2019

Attended the Not so Scary Halloween Party September 29th. The crowds were terrible. My husband who rented a scooter left as he could not get through the crowds. Ride waits were over an hour so we never got on one ride in the 5 hours we were there. Nothing like previous times we have gone. Absolutely they are selling many more tickets. I am hesitant now for the Christmas party to spend $110 USD which is $154 CAD to be so crowded and have to leave.

Pros:

good name brand candy

Cons:

crowds

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/09/2019

We went to the first night in August this year. I have been to many through the years. In the past it was very worth it to spend extra on these tickets. No lines, lots of elbow room, and tons of candy. Always had the best time of our trip. This time it seemed just as crowded as during the day. Long lines and way to many people. We didn't even bother with the candy lines. IF they are still limiting ticket sales, they are letting in FAR more than they have in the past. The way things are, now, it really isn't worth buying the tickets. Disney is not the trip it used to be.

Pros:

Nice fireworks. Great parade.

Cons:

Lines too long. Too many people. People stressed out and nasty. Too much money to pay for an experience that is no longer exceptional.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/09/2019

We attended the Halloween party on Sunday, September 22. When we arrived at 4 pm, the attendance was low. But after we ate dinner at Be Our Guest, we stepped outside and were shocked by the crowd!
It was wall to wall people and we could barely get to the Haunted Mansion.
We decided even though we loved the parade and the special fireworks, it was our last party! I had read the reviews, but thought our mid September Sunday date would be different. But we were disappointed!

Pros:

Parade, fireworks and Sanderson sister show!

Cons:

Large crowds!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/09/2019

This was the first time in 26 visits that we decided to do a special event party. Absolutely never again, the last time we felt we saw crowds like that was on New Years. Everything just feels like a money grab

Pros:

People did great costumes.

Cons:

regular MK fireworks much better if you only have one night. Really felt ripped off F.

Other topics in Special Events at Walt Disney World