Reviews of Everything POP! Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Everything POP Shopping and Dining Dining Location

Food Court Lunch/Dinner/Snacks

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/everything-pop/lunch-dinner

Reviewed by manatee2420 Review Date: 07/21/2014

We ate lunch here once and dinner here once. Both were equally as crowded, especially around the drink stations. The sushi was very good. I expected it might be slimy from sitting, but it tasted fresh. I saw on the label it was actually brought in from the Japan pavilion in Epcot. The Pop nachos were also good with a wide selection of toppings. I was a little disappointed that they no longer serve the shrimp lo mein I have read so much about on this site.

Pros:

wide selections

Cons:

crowded

Reviewed by Mirner77 Review Date: 01/09/2014

We only had supper here once, so I'm not sure about much of the food. All of us ended up with the burger and fries. They forgot my husband's patty on his burger. They made up for this by giving him extra fries. The fries were cool and not very warm or fresh. The burger was okay. It wasn't a bad meal, but definitely not one of my favorites. It wasn't bad in a pinch and everything was edible. I liked being able to pick our own toppings for the burger, that was a nice option!

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 05/16/2013

I dined here for dinner on 5/8. The menu has changed significantly from what is listed on this website. Nothing looked great, and after much debate, I decided on the Sesame Honey Chicken with broccoli and rice. Tye dyed cheesecake was my dessert.

There was no problem finding a seat as most people were in the parks during this time. It was right around 6, so I got the treat of watching some of the cast members do the Hustle!

The portions were large, but the food just average. I ate all the chicken and most of the rice but found the broccoli to be very bland. The tye dyed cheesecake was fun and delicious as always.

Reviewed by CinCin Review Date: 11/27/2014

I stayed at Pop Century for 11 nights and dined in the food court for both lunch and dinner several times. I had a very difficult time choosing something to eat as the majority of options just weren't healthy and I didn't want anything breaded and fried, fried without breading, or served on bread, pasta, stuffing or potatoes. I was in search of a grilled chicken breast and some green vegetables other than broccoli. The only vegetable choices other than potatoes seemed to be broccoli, green beans, or corn. The veggie choices were not all available at once, so to opt for a veggie plate wasn't going to be a choice. I tried the fancy turkey sandwich from the first bay but I didn't want the dressing or cranberry sauce or any of the bread really. I was hungry for a simple turkey sandwich and they made me one with just meat and bread. While they were quite accommodating, the turkey was thickly sliced and wasn't the same as the turkey that comes on the shaved turkey sandwiches in the refrigerated case. I didn't like it at all. (Those were sold out which is why I had them trying to build me one). I had the sesame chicken one night and it came with rice and broccoli, but the rice had absolutely no flavor at all. I think it was precooked, processed, and then reheated and served. I don't know, but it had all the flavor processed out and a weird texture more like orzo than rice. I did enjoy the pot roast dinner very much and although it had some fatty portions, the portions were generous enough that even after removing those, I still had more than I could eat. I tried the fried chicken patty with the pasta and alfredo sauce but it wasn't at all like the chicken alfredo that they served with the salad and breadstick in 2012. I was disappointed. The pasta was just a cheap filler and with dietary restrictions on carbohydrates, there were few choices for me to pick from. I was frustrated to the point that I walked over to Art of Animation and dined there. I found some wonderful choices there like roasted acorn squash, spinach and they had basmati rice! I wanted to try the Elvis inspired cupcake I had read so much about, but never saw it there. I didn't even see an empty spot with a label as if it were sold out. I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like Disney service and pride has gone out the window. The food service staff didn't seem to happy working there and weren't welcoming or friendly at all with the exception of the chef at the omelet station and one of the girls at the adjacent station with the bounty platters. Other than those two who actually smiled and greeted me, the rest weren't any different that at any other fast food place. It did not used to be like that at Disney resorts. You knew you were at Disney because there was a feeling in the air, and the cast members were happy and friendly and were always "on stage". They smiled and greeted you and everyone you passed acknowledged you with a greeting and welcome or something. Sadly, it isn't like that for the majority anymore. I stood in line waiting for an order and got to listen to two of them talk about their personal lives and relationship drama and it was like they completely forgot they were on stage. The food wasn't bad here by any means, but there weren't many healthy options and with 1 hot vegetable choice other than potatoes there is not much except a cold salad, or cold celery stick and carrot tray from the cold case. My favorite meal from here ended up being the pre made pre packaged shaved turkey and cheese sandwiches from the cold case, but they apparently were everyone else's too as they were ofter sold out by dinnertime. I would dine here again, but I couldn't do it every day as the lack of choices available to me and wanted a fresh new meal and not the same thing over and over. I heard raves about the meatloaf and even though the sign said it was meatloaf night, and it was only 1830 they didn't have any. The server did check for me though. I just don't know what to say about this food court. I want to love it, but I don't. I don't want to bash it either though as it wasn't poor at all, it simply wasn't my tastes.

Pros:

Grab and go food, chocolate croissant, made to order omelet

Cons:

not many healthy choices available, needs more variety of hot vegetables offered at one time

Reviewed by thetony45 Review Date: 01/26/2014

I was staying at Pop century for my recent trip and opted to use one of my Dining Plan Counter Service credits for a late dinner.

It was convenient to walk straight from the bus to the food court and take the food back to my room.

Unfortunately, being it was around 11 PM the only station open was the pizza one. Still the pizza beard wasn't bad, I just which i had a few more choices.

Pros:

Convenient if staying at the resort, can take food to your room

Cons:

few options

Reviewed by MarysMom Review Date: 06/13/2013

Was here the week of June 2-9. Additional comments are in a resort review.

There are some really good dishes to be had here -- the pork loin/spaetzel/cabbage combination, the sesame chicken, the build your own salad with chicken, tie-dye cheesecake, chocolate cake, ultimate brownie, and omelets are great.

The corned beef hash was a little odd -- it seemed more like poached eggs on top of fajita meat and peppers -- but it was good. The nachos appear to be made with house-made potato chips which is just NOT RIGHT. Fish and chips, rotisserie chicken and hamburgers were so-so. The bounty platter breakfast is ruined by the chicken sausage (worse than soy sausage per husband). Pasta dishes were passable as well per other members of our party.

The pepperoni French bread pizza was soggy, bland and yucky. Breadsticks were hard and had no flavor. Also, at these prices, get some leaf lettuce and ditch the iceberg for sandwiches. For two days in a row, something was amiss with the iced tea -- it was very watery. One whole drink station was shuttered the whole time and was needed.

As I mentioned in my resort review, there was confusion over menu changes and the most trouble occurred at the burger station. It happened to me three times and to others while I was there. One time, I received an ice cold hamburger. Another time, I waited 15 minutes for a salmon burger only to have them try to give me a veggie burger. I went elsewhere when I was informed -- without an apology -- that it would be another long wait. Another time they were so confused that they did not even know what I was ordering so I went elsewhere. My husband ordered fish and chips and they tried to give him the tortilla slivers they place on the Southwest Burger instead of fries.

There were a couple of CMs who caused trouble everywhere they went and I learned to avoid them whenever possible. Clearly the management knew there was a problem with these CMs because they were constantly moving them around and one night one of them was reprimanded right at the station. They questioned everything everyone did, tried to boss people around, did no work, and were generally rude to everyone. They were responsible for my cold burger, my salmon burger fiasco, and tried to ruin my breakfast one day as well.

I think the confusion will get better, but I sincerely hope that these two CMs do not interfere with the other CMs much longer, because everyone else was trying really hard to do their best.

Also, as usual, dining plan confusion ruled the day (Fruit is not a dessert! It's a snack!) and I would love it if they could establish a line that is non-dining plan. People were constantly running back to get something else while they were being checked out. the RFID touch system worked pretty well most of the time... although we saw some wrist band fails.

Pros:

Some great dishes, dancing, nice CMs

Cons:

Not great dishes, confused CMs, weak tea, iceberg lettuce

Reviewed by thetony45 Review Date: 04/18/2013

On a recent WDW vacation I was staying at Pop Century and had 1 lunch and 1 dinner here.

There are 5 different stations all with lots of options.

For lunch I opted for a grilled Chicken sandwich. The meat was a tad dry but then again white meat always is. The sandwich came on a huge bun with Spinach and tomatoes and some sauce. It tasted great. I got fries with the sandwich. The fires were not greasy at all and very flavorful.

For dinner I went with an individual pepperoni pizza and 2 bread-sticks. Everyone says Disney can't make a good pizza but I loved the pizza here. The crust was nice and soft and the pizza was very tasty. The bread-sticks were soft and had a great garlic flavor. The dipping sauce was very thin. That's my only complaint.

The food and prices are both good but if your looking for more atmosphere this is not the place for you.

Pros:

Good Choices

Cons:

Not much atmosphere

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/12/2019

Do yourself a favor and walk across the bridge to Art of Animation

Pros:

convenience

Cons:

There is nothing here that stands out. Go to Art of Animation

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

We used snack credits here after our lengthy days in the park. The food wasn't the greatest and the lines were long. I'm talking like standing in line for food for over 45 minutes long. Aside from convenience, I wouldn't rate there dining hall very high.

Pros:

Open late

Cons:

LONG lines

Reviewed by DisneyDana Review Date: 06/24/2016

The food is typical food court type food, but the line moves quickly and everything I tried was decent. The best thing they have here, and I believe it is exclusive to the Pop food court, is the tie dyed cheesecake! I had two while I was there! Very unique and not just pretty to look at! It seems to be a brightly colored tie dyed cheesecake like the name says but the crust I believe is a layer of red velvet cake! YUM!

Pros:

lots of choices

Cons:

crowded and loud

Other topics in POP Century