After remaining closed for nearly one year, we finally have a reopening date for Disneyland Resort’s two theme parks, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure!
Over the summer, the Disneyland Resort announced that they were delaying the reopening of their two theme parks, which was originally scheduled for July 17, 2020. While Downtown Disney moved along with its phased reopening, which began on July 9th, there was tons of uncertainty surrounding when the theme parks themselves would announce a new reopening date.
All of that wondering can finally be put to rest because Disneyland has announced its NEW reopening date! It was announced on March 5th that Disneyland, as well as other California theme parks, would have the ability to begin opening on April 1st with limited capacity and only for California residents. Today, Disney has confirmed that they will be opening to California Residents on April 30th!
The theme parks will follow strict health and safety protocols, including face mask requirements, temperature checks, as well as social distancing measurements. And, in accordance with California State Guidelines, only California residents will be able to visit the parks.
When the theme parks reopen, Disneyland will also use a similar Park Pass Reservation System as what we’ve seen implemented at Disney World. In recent weeks, we saw signs being added around the resort to remind guests of the reservation requirement to enter the parks.
Not only will guests be able to reunite with the attractions we’ve come to know and love, but some rides (like the Haunted Mansion) will be getting updated looks! Plus, Disney has also shared that the updated ride, Snow White’s Enchanted Wish will make its grand debut!
Select Disneyland Resort Hotels will also be reopening for a limited number of guests to stay! Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will be the first to open on April 29th and Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will open shortly after on May 2nd.
And, for those who already have purchased tickets to A Touch of Disney in Disney California Adventure, the limited-time ticketed event will continue as planned on select nights through April 19th.
We will continue to keep an eye on Disneyland’s historic grand reopening as well as all the details you need to know when it comes to visiting the parks, so keep an eye on AllEars for all the latest coverage and news!
Are you planning on attending the grand reopening of the Disneyland theme parks? Let us know in the comments!
- VIDEO: Is the Main Street Electrical Parade Returning to Disneyland?
- Disneyland’s Recent Retweet Was a Whole CHOICE
- Disney Menu Updates: MORE Fall Treats Arrive Including One Themed After a Fan-Favorite Ride!
- Disney Just Seriously Upped Their Holiday Spirit Jersey Game!
- PHOTOS: Don’t Miss Your Chance to Grab Disney’s NEW Holiday Dooney & Bourke Bags
- That Sinking Feeling: How a Keel Boat Skipper Kept His Wobbly Boat Afloat
- NEWS: Parking Trams Returning to Disneyland Resort SOON!
- NEWS: Disneyland Magic Key Sells Out and New Ticket Tier is Added
- NEWS: Disneyland INCREASES Ticket and Parking Prices
- PHOTOS: Mickey is Already Celebrating the Holidays in One Disney Park!