Disney World is getting a few touch-ups and makeovers throughout the property!
The theme park is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year! In honor of the grand birthday, Disney is sprucing up the place a bit. Cinderella Castle got a new paint job featuring rose gold and royal blue accents. The Magic Kingdom parking entrance matches the castle with the same color scheme. Up next, the famous Welcome Gate is getting a new look too!
It was announced earlier that the Disney World entrance sign will be getting a glow-up this year. We’ve seen one archway begin the construction process. Now, the entrance sign located on Osceola Parkway construction has begun and we got some close-up shots on our way to the theme parks.
The right lane was closed as the workers put on a fresh coat of primer to the Disney World sign.
You can also see that Minnie was wrapped in plastic while the work is being done.
When the project is finished, the welcome gate will look like this concept art released by Disney!
We’re excited to see the finished product very soon. We’ll continue to make our way through the gate and check on the progress!
What do you think of the new look? Tell us about it in the comments!
Disney World News!
- VIDEO: Umm…Is Everyone in Line for the Disney Skyliner Right Now?
- ALL the Entertainment at This Year’s EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival!
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Take a Look at the NEW Nighttime Lights at EPCOT!
- Take Home the Best Part of EPCOT’s Flower & Garden Festival With This Unique Souvenir!
- Don’t Skip This Activity at EPCOT’s Flower and Garden Festival!
- EPCOT Skyliner Line Temporarily Down
- PHOTOS: New Disney Springs Signage Shares Which Face Coverings Are NOT Allowed
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: We’re at the 2021 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival!
- A Fan-Favorite Souvenir Gets a NEW Look at EPCOT’s Flower and Garden Festival!
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: New Soundtrack and Lighting Debut at EPCOT Entrance
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!