D23, Disney’s official fan club, hosts a biennial Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center. The previous D23 Expo took place in 2019, meaning that the next one was scheduled for 2021. But with large events on hold throughout much of the country, we were wondering what the fate would be of the next D23 Expo!
While we can share that D23 will indeed continue to host their Expos, we will have to wait a bit longer for the next one.
D23 just shared on their Twitter page that the next D23 Expo will take place from September 9th-11th, 2022 at the Anaheim Convention Center. This means that the 2021 Expo has been delayed by one year. This announcement was also confirmed on D23’s website.
Disney is already giving fans a hint for what will be in store at the 2022 Expo. With the 100th Anniversary of The Walt Disney Company coming up in 2023, there’s sure to be big announcements across their business segments! The D23 Expo is typically when we see massive announcements from Disney regarding upcoming park, film, and television projects.
This isn’t the first D23 event that has had to pivot in the wake of the global pandemic. D23’s Destination D, originally scheduled to take place in November of 2020, was postponed to 2021. D23 had announced that virtual events would take place in the meantime.
We’ll continue to keep an eye on D23 for any additional announcements concerning their upcoming events!
Have you ever attended a D23 Expo? Let us know in the comments!
More Disney News!
- Have Your Say In the Marvel Universe and Vote For The Final Member of The X-Men!
- No, There’s No Rock Animatronic. Everything We Know About Disney’s Jungle Cruise Changes
- NEWS: Analysts Expects Disney Parks Attendance to Rebound By 2022
- Magic Kingdom Gets a New Park Map With Some MAJOR Additions!
- Did This Addition Ruin Disney’s Most Popular Ride?
- MORE of Disney’s Lunar New Year Collection is Now Available Online!
- NEWS: Major Changes for Disney’s Gift Card Website Have Been Delayed
- PHOTOS! Stitch Crashes Disney Collection Arrives at Disney World!
- Analyst Upgrades Walt Disney Company Stock Due to Streaming Success and Theme Park Performance
- PHOTOS! New Designer ‘Up’ Mickey Ears Arrive at Disney World!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!