1. Check out the event schedule on-line before you go to find out what’s
happening during your visit.
2. Pick up the Festival Guide at the Festival Welcome Center on your
way into the park.
3. Study the event schedule to decide what events you want to try to
attend – but be aware that events overlap and it isn’t possible to
attend all of them!
4. On weekends, plan to arrive at an event at least 30 minutes before it
starts to get an admission card – and 40 minutes is even better. If you
want to sit in the front row you need to arrive closer to an hour early.
5. Please be considerate of your fellow guests who are waiting just as long
as you are. Everyone in your party must arrive together to stand
in line together. You may not hold a place in line for others.
Bathroom breaks are ok, extended absences (like going off to ride
an attraction) are not.
6. Realize that most of the waiting areas are not shaded, and most of the
demonstration seating areas also have unshaded sections (particularly later
in the day), so come prepared with sunscreen, a hat, something to drink,
and a way to entertain yourself while waiting.
7. Strike up a conversation with your fellow food/wine fans while you’re
8. Don’t forget your photo id – you may be asked to produce it before you
are admitted to any of the demonstrations where alcohol is consumed.
9. Take a friend with you, and share menu items from the Festival
Marketplace and other restaurants. You’ll get to try a much wider
variety that way!
10. Lose 5 pounds before it starts. (Oops, too late for that!)