- Guide Map
- Attraction Seating Photo Gallery
- Basic Services
- Calendar of Events
- Character Meet and Greet FAQ
- Extra Magic Hour
- Operating Hours
- Overlooked Attractions
- Rehabs and Closures
- Ride Restrictions
- Smoking Policy
- Special Needs Travelers
- Ticket FAQ
- WDW At Large
AT A GLANCE...
- Ariel's Grotto
- Barnstormer with the Great Goofini
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Princess Fairytale Hall
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Cinderella Castle
- "it's a small world"
- Mad Tea Party
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Merida at Fairytale Garden
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Harmony Barber Shop
- Harmony Barber Shop Photo Gallery
- Meet Magician Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Jungle Cruise
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Pirates League
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Carousel of Progress
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit
- A Pirate's Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas
- Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial
- Celebrate the Magic
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Frontierland Hoedown
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire - Debuts 6/17/16!
- Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!
- Opening Show
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Favorite Viewing Locations for the Fireworks!
- Carousel of Progress Photo Gallery
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 1
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 2
- Fantasyland Old and New
- Hats of the Magic Kingdom Photo Tour
- Haunted Mansion Attic
- Magic Kingdom vs Disneyland
- Main Street USA: Then and Now
- Parade Grand Marshals
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority
- Where Does the Music Come From
OTHER WALT DISNEY WORLD THEME PARKS
OTHER DISNEY THEME PARKS
Tom Sawyer Island
Located across the Rivers of America in Frontierland and accessible only by raft, Tom Sawyer Island offers children a fun place to run and explore and blow off steam, while grown-ups can sit and sip a cool drink.
Sawyer Island -- A giant-sized
playground geared to youngsters, Tom Sawyer Island is inspired by the
famous works of author Mark Twain.
Guests board a motorized raft at a dock located just at the foot of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad over to the island. The raft ride takes only a few minutes. At the dock on the island, guests can sit in rocking chairs and play checkers, or begin to explore the grounds. Maps are posted periodically -- be sure to check where you want to go, as paths meander every which way.
There are dark passageways and caves to explore, an old mine, a scary, bouncy, rope bridge, a barrel bridge (below right), and the focal point, an old-fashioned fort, named Fort Langhorn (Twain's real name was Samuel Langhorn Clemens). Kids will have fun exploring all four corners of the fort, playing with the noisy air rifles and cannons, then venturing into the dark "escape tunnel."
Keep your eyes open for Hidden Mickeys!
Tom Sawyer Island usually opens a little later
than the rest of the park, and it normally closes at dusk.
Restrooms are located at the raft landing and also inside Fort Langhorn.
Guests must be ambulatory to get around Tom Sawyer Island -- with its rugged terrain and winding paths, it is NOT wheelchair friendly.
Disney Characters are typically
not found on Tom Sawyer Island, however this whole area is a kids' paradise,
with plenty of caves to explore, hills to climb and an old fort to play
Check your daily Times Guide for times and locations of character meet and greet opportunities elsewhere in the Magic Kingdom.
Guest Comment " I can't stress how relaxing and wonderful Tom Sawyer Island is. There are so many great places to sit and relax. My husband and I watched as our daughter ran and climbed and burned off some energy. I wonder how many people have inadvertently scared other people when trying to scare their family members in the caves? It's a good time."
Magic Kingdom Characters at a Glance
Character Meet and Greet FAQ!
There is no place to shop on Tom Sawyer Island.
Tom Sawyer Island opened in the Magic Kingdom
Initially, the highlights of Tom Sawyer Island were called Injun Joe's Cave, Magnetic Mystery Mine and old Fort Sam Clemens. The fort's name was changed in 1996 after the release of the Disney movie Tom and Huck, which featured a Fort Langhorn.
If you have comments or tips to share with others about touring the Magic Kingdom, please email me. Thank you.