- Guide Map
- Attraction Seating Photo Gallery
- Basic Services
- Calendar of Events
- Character Meet and Greet FAQ
- Extra Magic Hour
- Operating Hours
- Overlooked Attractions
- Rehabs and Closures
- Ride Restrictions
- Smoking Policy
- Special Needs Travelers
- Ticket FAQ
- WDW At Large
AT A GLANCE...
- Ariel's Grotto
- Barnstormer with the Great Goofini
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Princess Fairytale Hall
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Cinderella Castle
- "it's a small world"
- Mad Tea Party
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Merida at Fairytale Garden
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Harmony Barber Shop
- Harmony Barber Shop Photo Gallery
- Meet Magician Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Jungle Cruise
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Pirates League
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Carousel of Progress
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit
- A Pirate's Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas
- Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial
- Celebrate the Magic
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Dream along with Mickey
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Frontierland Hoedown
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!
- Opening Show
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Favorite Viewing Locations for the Fireworks!
- Carousel of Progress Photo Gallery
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 1
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 2
- Fantasyland Old and New
- Hats of the Magic Kingdom Photo Tour
- Haunted Mansion Attic
- Magic Kingdom vs Disneyland
- Main Street USA: Then and Now
- Parade Grand Marshals
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority
- Where Does the Music Come From
OTHER WALT DISNEY WORLD THEME PARKS
OTHER DISNEY THEME PARKS
It's the Mad Hatter's "un-birthday" party and you're invited to spin your way across the floor in oversized teacups. The Mad Tea Party is located in Fantasyland, across from the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, on the pathway leading to Mickey's Toontown Fair.
Mad Tea Party -- Inspired by the unusual tea party scene in the 1951 Disney adaptation of Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland," the Mad Tea Party is one of the original Magic Kingdom attractions.
in a mostly covered queue for your chance to spin around for 1.5 minutes
in one of 18 pastel-colored teacups. Dizziness is sure to ensue! It's
good, clean, non-thrill fun for all ages. What else can we say about it?
The Mad Tea Party is open as one of the Magic Kingdom's Extra Magic Hour attractions. This program allows resort guests entrance to the park one hour earlier than normal operating hours on designated days.
If you have problems with spinning, avoid this ride! Not only do the teacups spin on the platform, but you can turn the wheel in the center of the cup to make your individual teacup spin as well! Not surprisingly, you can get quite dizzy on this ride.
It's also probably wise to avoid this ride immediately after eating, unless you have a strong stomach!
Each teacup will hold three average-sized individuals fairly easily. There are no restraints, but there is a door closing off your teacup.
Like most rides that are not continuously loading, lines for the Mad Tea Party can get fairly long. Try to visit this ride early in the morning or during parade times for shorter waits.
Watch for the Dormouse, who periodically pops out of the teapot in the center of the platform.
must transfer out to experience this ride.
Kids generally love this ride -- there's nothing scary about it at all, and most kids still love to make themselves dizzy. If your child has motion sickness issues, though, it's best to avoid the teacups.
Characters from the Disney animated feature "Alice in Wonderland" greet guests throughout the day near this attraction. You may spot Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, the Queen of Hearts, or the Mad Hatter, as well as Alice herself. Check your daily Times Guide for exact times.
For snacks near the Mad Tea Party, don't miss the Enchanted Grove, home to the delicious Strawberry Swirl, a combination of soft serve vanilla and intense strawberry flavor. Also nearby is Mrs. Potts' Cupboard, open seasonally.
There are not any shops specifically associated with the Mad Tea Party.
The Mad Tea Party opened with the Magic Kingdom in October 1971. (It was also an original attraction at Disneyland, opening there July 1955.)
If you have comments or tips to share with others about touring the Magic Kingdom, please email us. Thank you.