OTHER THEME PARKS
- Walt's Original theme park masterpiece!
Many books have been written about Walt's Dream and the history of Disneyland.
Our focus here is to provide you with independent information about the Disneyland Resort today. Planning is the key to making the most of your time and budget, and to enjoying this wonderful world of theme parks, dining, shopping, entertainment, hotels, and much more. AllEars.Net wants to help you plan your trip for maximum enjoyment.
The Disneyland Resort in Anaheim California is:
Downtown Disney - with a variety of restaurants and shops, as well as the 12-screen AMC movie theater.
In addition to individual attraction pages with photos, hotel information (with photos) and dining menus there is also a Disneyland Resort Rate and Review Section where you can read reviews about the hotels and dining experiences from others and add yours as well.
Local correspondents Laura Gilbreath, Jason "Disneygeek", and Jeanine Yamanaka write a blog about the Disneyland Resort.
Diamond Celebration - Through September 5, 2016 Disneyland is celebrating its 60th anniversary with the Diamond Celebration. There are three new nighttime shows:
- Paint the Night - this new parade at Disneyland lights the night with more than 1.5 million LED lights.
- Disneyland Forever - fireworks explode high over Disneyland. Projections on park icons like Sleeping Beauty Castle, Main Street, USA, and "it's a small world" immerse guests in magical worlds from movies such as "Frozen", "The Lion King", "The Jungle Book", and "The Little Mermaid".
- World of Color - Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney - At Disney California Adventure, this fountain, water, and light show celebrates Walt Disney's dreams of Disneyland, his legacy and imagination.
Star Wars Season of the Force - Tomorrowland at Disneyland hosts a variety of exhibits and events.
- Star Wars Launch Bay - Meet some favorite Star Wars characters, get a closer look at props and costumes from the movies, or play some of the latest games, including Disney Infinity 3.0.
- Star Tours - The Adventures Continue - features a new scene visiting the planet Jakku, from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple - Kids may be selected to participate in this new Jedi training experience which includes characters and a new villain from Star Wars Rebels.
- For a limited time, guests can experience Hyperspace Mountain where they are part of a Rebel X-wing starfighter battle against the First Order. In the Tomorrowland Theater, Path of the Jedi is a collection of clips from the Star Wars movies which tell the story of Luke Skywalker. And at the Galactic Grill and Redd Rockett's Pizza Port guests can sample Star Wars-inspired food offerings such as First Order Specialty Burger, Darth by Chocolate, and The Forest of Endor.
Soarin' Around the World - The Soarin' attraction at Disney California Adventure has been updated with a new film, featuring spectacular scenery from all over the world.
Frozen - Live at the Hyperion is a new Broadway-style musical adaptation of the hit movie.
In DCA's Animation Building, characters from Finding Dory have joined the Crushman in Turtle Talk with Crush.
Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters in Cars Land opened in early 2016. Luigi's Italian cousins take guests along for the ride as they demonstrate some of their traditional dances in an attraction that is the first example of trackless vehicle technology in a U.S. Disney Park.
Star Wars-Themed Lands Coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Announced by Disney CEO Bob Iger at the D23 Expo in August, 2015, there are few details as yet, but closures at Disneyland have already taken place. As details become available they will be posted HERE.
Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend - September 1-4.
Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend - November 10-13.
Click on one of the links on the left and get started!
If you have comments or tips to share with others about touring Disneyland, please email us. Thank you.