- Guide Map
- Attraction Seating Photo Gallery
- Basic Services
- Calendar of Events
- Character Meet and Greet FAQ
- Extra Magic Hour
- Operating Hours
- Overlooked Attractions
- Rehabs and Closures
- Ride Restrictions
- Smoking Policy/Locations
- Special Needs Travelers
- Ticket FAQ
- WDW At Large
AT A GLANCE...
- Ariel's Grotto
- Barnstormer with the Great Goofini
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Princess Fairytale Hall
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Cinderella Castle
- "it's a small world"
- Mad Tea Party
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Merida at Fairytale Garden
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Harmony Barber Shop
- Harmony Barber Shop Photo Gallery
- Meet Magician Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Jungle Cruise
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Pirates League
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Hall of Presidents
- Haunted Mansion
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Muppets Present... Great
Moments in American History
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Carousel of Progress
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit
- A Pirate's Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas
- Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Frontierland Hoedown
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire
- Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!
- Once Upon a Time Projection Show
- Opening Show
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Favorite Viewing Locations for the Fireworks
- Carousel of Progress Photo Gallery
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 1
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 2
- Fantasyland Old and New
- Hats of the Magic Kingdom Photo Tour
- Haunted Mansion Attic
- Magic Kingdom vs Disneyland
- Main Street USA: Then and Now
- Parade Grand Marshals
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority
- Where Does the Music Come From
OTHER WALT DISNEY WORLD THEME PARKS
OTHER DISNEY THEME PARKS
Liberty Square Riverboat
-- Enjoy a slow cruise down the Rivers of America aboard an authentic steam-powered sternwheeler. The Liberty Square Riverboat is located in Liberty Square across from the Hall of Presidents and to the left of the Haunted Mansion.
-- The Rivers of America wind their way around Tom Sawyer Island. The half-mile journey takes just under 17 minutes to travel. The Liberty Belle departs several times a day from the Liberty Boat Landing. Although there are some seats, most areas are standing room only.
You can escape the sun on the middle deck.Great photo ops abound for Tom Sawyer Island, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the Haunted Mansion! Get a spot on the top deck!
During special events, such as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, the Liberty Belle has special entertainment on board, so be sure to catch a ride.
The closest dining in the immediate vicinity are snack spots: the Liberty Square Market, a Baked Potato Cart and a popcorn stand. A little further away, still in Liberty Square, are the Columbia Harbour House (counter service) and Liberty Tree Tavern (table service).
Liberty Square has several shops, all of which take you back to the colonial times.
The information for this attraction page was researched using a variety
of sources -- unfortunately many of the details were conflicting. We
have relied on Disney Archivist Dave Smith as the ultimate authority,
but if you have other information, please send it along!
The original boat, an authentic sternwheeler steamboat called the Admiral Joe Fowler, was built in dry dock at Walt Disney World and set afloat when the attraction opened on May 20, 1973. The Richard F. Irvine was later added as a second boat. After its extensive rehab in the '90s, the boat was renamed the Liberty Belle in 1996.
In 1980, the Admiral Joe Fowler was sent to dry dock maintenance and never returned.
Admiral Joe Fowler was in charge of construction at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
Dick Irvine worked as an art director at Disney in the 1940s and was an early executive of WED Enterprises. His projects included planning and design for the theme parks and the World's Fair projects.