Most Recent Reviews

Review of 1900 Park Fare Character Breakfast

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

Without a doubt it was the most awesome breakfast of all the restaurants. Eggs Benedict made to perfection. Strawberry Soup is amazing. I ate so much food they may not let me come back (LOL). Each character comes to the table and genuinely takes their time with the kids. The Mad Hatter was incredibly pleasant and funny. My wife and I are planning on a trip in 2017 with just us (no kids). Would it be weird if we went to the character meal just for the buffet? I hope not because it's on our list.

Pros:

Best Breakfast anywhere on Disney.

Review of Teppan Edo - Japan

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

We really enjoyed every aspect of our meal. Service was great and the food was delicious. The young woman who took our orders did a trick with the chop stick wrapper which made the chops sticks easy to use for my 5 year old granddaughter. (And me as well) Best desert for me was the hot Green Tea. It soothes your stomach after you stuff yourself silly. Thank goodness for the Dinning Plan!

Pros:

Awesome Food and a lot of it.

Review of 'Ohana Best Friends Character Breakfast

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

I was disappointed this trip, I've eaten there in the past and it was better, The characters were being rushed by their handlers. The food in the past was brought out in separate bowls, this time it was all lumped into one large bowl. Server forgot who we were and spent most of his time on the table next to us, was it something we said? His other tables seemed like they needed attention as well. To bad gratuity was automatically included with the bill. Most definitely will pass this one by next time we take the grand-kids.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Food was not up to par. Server seemed aloof.

Review of Chip and Dale Harvest Feast at The Garden Grill

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

My family and I particularly liked the char-grilled sliced filet of beef which was cooked just right and was flavorful. The turkey breast (sliced) was moist, but the smaller chunks of turkey were dry. Overall, the food was very good considering it is family style. I would give this a nod over Ohana in terms of food quality. Our server - Joann, a legacy cast member - was outstanding. She checked on us on a regular basis and ensure that we were taken cared of. As for the characters, Chip and Dale were our faves, but all characters came around at least 2 times, but it could have been 3. The character interaction was not rushed at all which is noteworthy given how busy it was (Christmas day). The only downside is that there is little room to get up and meet the characters (for picture purposes).

Pros:

Service, Food

Cons:

Crowded

Review of Morimoto Asia

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

We started with the five spice chicken wings (very good), crab rangoon (good), chicken dumplings (very good), and hamachi tartare (just okay). I really liked the Peking duck which had crispy skin and moist meat, but my DW, DS, and DD said it was just okay. Keep in mind that all 3 do not care for duck in general. The Morimoto spare ribs, however, were a hit. The bbq sauce - hoison sweet chili glaze - was very flavorful and the meat was very tender. As for the service, our server was mediocre at best. It took about 10 minutes for her to acknowledge us after being seated. Also, she did not regularly check on us to ensure we were okay. Lastly, she didn't appear to understand my questions about the entrees or gift card. Bottom line, we were happy with the food, but the service could be better (which may not be indicative of the other servers).

Pros:

Spare ribs, Peking duck

Cons:

Service

Review of Flying Fish Cafe

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

We visited Flying Fish Cafe twice during our recent stay. The first visit with my wife was for the Chef's Tasting Wine Dinner which was excellent and highly recommended. I brought my kids along the second time for regular dining. My DW and DD had the NY strip steak and loved it. My DS opted for the filet mignon with dungeness crab and enjoyed it. I ordered the potato wrapped red snapper. The fish was cooked just right and it was great. BTW, if you are thinking of ordering the Entree Duo, it is no longer offered. It was not on the menu and I even asked the server and he said it was not available. We also had the artisanal cheese plate to start with which was quite good. The only downside for both dining experiences was the hostess. We had the same hostess for both visits and found her to be dour and not very friendly.

Pros:

Cons:

Hostess

Review of Katsura Grill - Japan

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

For a quick service venue, Katsura Grill is worth considering. A noteworthy entree is the chicken cutlet curry. The chicken (breaded with panko?) was moist in the inside and crispy on the outside. The curry was flavorful and the overall dish was very good. My family and I generally found the friendliest cast members in the world showcase are to be found in the Japan pavilion and the folks in Katsura Grill were no exceptions. The only downside is that seating is limited inside although there are tables outside.

Pros:

Food, service

Cons:

Crowded

Review of Yorkshire County Fish Shop

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

What can one say? The Yorkshire County Fish Shop makes the best fish and chips in WDW. I had it twice during my stay and it is consistently cooked well. Cookes of Dublin and Columbia Harbour House versions pale in comparison. If you like fish you must try it.

Pros:

Cons:

Limited seating area

Review of Art of Animation Resort (Value Resort)

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

I have stayed at Deluxe, Moderate, and Value resorts. All things considered, AoA is my favorite. The theming is wonderful…the imagineers must have had a lot fun creating this resort. My family (3 adults and a teen) stayed in the Cars suite and it was more than adequate. While the carpet could have been cleaned a little better, overall, the room was tidy. The mousekeepers in our section were extremely friendly. The Big Blue Pool was nice albeit crowded, but even the smaller Cozy Cone Pool was nice. Nothing fancy, but it was nice way to cool off plus if you need to wash clothes the washers/dryers are in the pool area. As for the food court, the Landscape of Flavors, the offerings are different from the usual options (although you can still standard faves like burgers). The salmon club sandwich was exceptional given that it is a quick service meal. If I had to be nitpicky and identify a negative it might be the cast members at the front desk. Maybe it was due to long shifts or because it was the holidays (rather be home than at work), but they didn’t come off as very cheerful or friendly. Overall, I love AoA and would gladly return.

Pros:

Theming, Mousekeepers, Food Court

Review of Skipper Canteen

Reviewed by pstoudemire Review Date: 01/09/2016

I was hesitant to eat here without a reservation. I walked up at 5:45 and was seated immediately. The punch and slush drinks are fantastic! Both are very flavorful and refreshing. I had the Chop Sui Pork for dinner and it was very tender and flavorful! The rice was a bit dry, but had good flavor. I had the chocolate cake with cashew/caramel ice cream for dessert. I was unsure if I'd like it because I don't like cashews, but it was fantastic! The waitress never told and jokes and didn't seem very into the theme, but the meal was delicious and well worth the money. I walked out full and will definitely return in the future.

Pros:

Food, relaxed atmosphere

1 2,266 2,267 2,268 2,269 2,270 2,275