The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to have an impact on the Disney Parks. From face mask mandates to delayed reopenings, the theme park experience still looks a bit different than what guests may be used to.
But the effects of the pandemic are impacting Cast Members as well in multiple ways, and one union has highlighted one of those impacts this week.
Workers United Local 50, which represents food service workers at the Disneyland Resort, made a post on Facebook this week, which states that Disney’s “response time on COVID submissions” sent in by Cast Members eligible for pay for missed shifts “are delayed.”
According to the union, Cast Members are eligible for pay for missed shifts over a two-week period with a confirmed case of COVID-19. In order to receive this pay, the Cast Member may be required to submit documentation via the HUB, the online Cast Member portal. At present, it appears that Disney’s response time in regard to these requests is delayed.
While Disney says they are placing more resources to address this problem, the union is recommending its members call and wait through hold times if they are able to do so.
We’ll continue to keep an eye on this story as well as other news and announcements from the Disneyland Resort.
Do you have plans to travel to the Disneyland Resort in 2022? Let us know in the comments!
Disneyland Resort News
- Could Disneyland REALLY Add 14 More Rides and a SKYLINER?
- NEWS: A ‘Frozen’ Land Could Be Coming to Disneyland
- A NEW Disney Parks Store Is Officially OPEN!
- If There Was Ever a Way To Get Me To Run a 10K, This Nostalgic Disney Souvenir Is It
- Disneyland Resort Is One Step CLOSER to Starting a Big Expansion Project
- NEWS: OPENING DATE Announced for New Store in Avengers Campus!
- NEWS: Space Mountain to Have Lengthy CLOSURE in Disneyland
- 8 Things We’re Begging to See in the New CHANGES to Disney’s Star Tours Ride
- Disney Dropped a MAJOR Hint About NEW Characters Coming to the Parks!
- NEWS: Disney Reveals OPENING DATE for Updated Hotel
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!