The Goldman Sachs 30th Annual Communacopia Conference took place today, featuring Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek as a participant.
Recently, the parks have continued to make health and safety modifications in guidance with officials. Currently, guests are required to wear masks indoors, but not outdoors. Capacity is limited, but has continued to see increases throughout the year. And, today Bob Chapek shared additional details on park operations recently!
During the conference, Chapek noted that he believes the Walt Disney Company has positioned itself well during the pandemic. However, he shared that park attendance definitely saw a bigger impact from the COVID-19 Delta Variant after its Q3 Earnings Call report.
Chapek detailed that the parks slowed down for a few weeks towards the end of August before seeing larger crowds return again for Labor Day. At this time, he said that there have been greater Park Pass reservations in Disney World and Disneyland in Q4 than seen in Q3. He stated that the reservation system has been a success since they’ve been able to control the demand and “mix of guests” visiting, including ticketed guests, Annual Passholders, and Magic Key holders.
While speaking to the reservation system, Chapek also shared feedback on the parks’ decision to implement indoor mask mandates again, stating that there hasn’t been pushback about the indoor mask rule at this time.
As the parks continue to see changes, we’ll be sure to update you on everything you need to know before you go. Stay tuned with AllEars for the latest Disney entertainment and news!
Have you been to the Disney Parks recently? Let us know in the comments below!
- How to Ride Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure WITHOUT a Virtual Queue or Lightning Lane!
- Why You Should Pack Your Rain Gear If You’re Headed to Disney World This Week
- A Fan-Favorite Holiday Character Meal is Coming BACK to Disney World SOON!
- Having Trouble Booking EPCOT’s Candlelight Processional Dining Packages? You’re Not Alone.
- A Classic Attraction Had One of the BIGGEST Wait Times in Disney World Yesterday!
- New MagicBands Now Available for Disney World Resort Guests and Passholders
- Disneyland’s Recent Retweet Was a Whole CHOICE
- Disney Menu Updates: MORE Fall Treats Arrive Including One Themed After a Fan-Favorite Ride!
- NEWS: Disney World Renames Modified Character Meet and Greets
- PHOTOS: Don’t Miss Your Chance to Grab Disney’s NEW Holiday Dooney & Bourke Bags