The Disneyland Resort has been open for several weeks now, with many new changes becoming a regular way of visiting the parks. Modifications like Park Reservations, limited capacity, and the temporary suspension of character meet & greets and fireworks have redefined what a typical day at Disneyland looks and feels like.
Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Josh D’Amaro says that it could be some time before we see certain aspects Disneyland’s newly adopted Park Reservation system go away.
In a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, D’Amaro said that “I don’t want to say we are going to go back to the way it was…I want to be really smart in the way we do this.”
According to the article, Disneyland is poised to keep “in place a reservation system that was adopted to manage visitor numbers under the state-imposed capacity limits and the continued use of a virtual queuing system that was designed to give all parkgoers a shot at visiting the most popular attractions.”
Right now, valid theme park admission as well as a confirmed park reservation about both required if a guest wishes to visit either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure. Park Pass Reservations are also currently required at Disney World.
While there are no additional details as to exactly how long the reservation system will remain in place, the article indicates that it could stick around for a while. It also sounds like Disneyland intends to keep its virtual queue system around, like what is currently used on Rise of the Resistance and WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure.
As the Disneyland Resort continues its phased reopening, we’ll bring you the latest updates and news from the Happiest Place on Earth!
Have you visited the Disneyland Resort since it reopened in April? Let us know in the comments!
Disneyland Resort News
- Disneyland Teases New Villains Coming This Year — Can You Guess Who They Are?
- Select Disney Guests Can Buy Oogie Boogie Bash Tickets NOW
- Disneyland Hotel Guests Are Getting ANOTHER Perk This Summer!
- A Returning Hotel PERK Could Make Getting Dining Reservations EASIER in Disneyland
- DATE Announced for Early Entry in Disneyland
- NEWS: Package Delivery is RETURNING to Disneyland Hotels
- NEW Discounts Released for Disneyland Hotels
- 43 NEW Menu Updates From the Disney Parks!
- NEWS: Reopening DATE for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage in Disneyland
- BRACE YOURSELF for a BIG Disney News Recap!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!