The Disneyland Resort has been open for several weeks now, with many new changes becoming a regular way of visiting the parks. Modifications like Park Reservations, limited capacity, and the temporary suspension of character meet & greets and fireworks have redefined what a typical day at Disneyland looks and feels like.
Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Josh D’Amaro says that it could be some time before we see certain aspects Disneyland’s newly adopted Park Reservation system go away.
In a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, D’Amaro said that “I don’t want to say we are going to go back to the way it was…I want to be really smart in the way we do this.”
According to the article, Disneyland is poised to keep “in place a reservation system that was adopted to manage visitor numbers under the state-imposed capacity limits and the continued use of a virtual queuing system that was designed to give all parkgoers a shot at visiting the most popular attractions.”
Right now, valid theme park admission as well as a confirmed park reservation about both required if a guest wishes to visit either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure. Park Pass Reservations are also currently required at Disney World.
While there are no additional details as to exactly how long the reservation system will remain in place, the article indicates that it could stick around for a while. It also sounds like Disneyland intends to keep its virtual queue system around, like what is currently used on Rise of the Resistance and WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure.
As the Disneyland Resort continues its phased reopening, we’ll bring you the latest updates and news from the Happiest Place on Earth!
Have you visited the Disneyland Resort since it reopened in April? Let us know in the comments!
Disneyland Resort News
- TWO Popular Characters Are Returning to Disneyland For Halloween!
- Reservations Now OPEN for Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure
- NEWS: Reservations Now Open for Character Dining in Disneyland!
- PHOTOS: Disneyland is Preparing for the ‘Jungle Cruise’ World Premiere
- Why Disney’s Most Futuristic Land is Its Most Outdated
- The Rubber Duck Races Have Returned to Disneyland!
- ‘Coco’ Has Been Added to Mickey’s Philharmagic at Select Disney Parks!
- PHOTOS: Disneyland Went ALL Out With Its Anniversary Character Cavalcade!
- EPCOT Monorail Update, Holiday News, and MORE Disney News You Missed This Week!
- PHOTOS: Our Favorite Souvenir Cup is Now in Disneyland
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!