Earlier this year, we shared the news that a brand-new immersive Harry Potter shopping experience would open in New York City. Since then, we’ve anxiously awaited its opening date.
Well, our fellow witches and wizards, that date has finally arrived, and Harry Potter NYC has officially opened to the public!
Located on Broadway in the heart of Manhattan, this one-of-a-kind store blends shopping with entertainment, immersing shoppers in the wizarding world of Harry Potter in ways that only guests at Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood have been able to experience.
According to CNET, the shop will have some COVID-19 protocol in place to help manage crowds. Guests will enter a virtual queue and will receive a time slot to return and explore the shop themselves.
With 15 different themed areas, guests can sip on Butterbeer (which we’re hearing rivals the Butterbeer you get in the theme parks!), snap pictures with one of the many photo ops, and much, much more.
You can also snack on an assortment of themed treats, like this Hedwig Cupcake sent to us by @georgesandoukas and @Jimmy_farring! The Hedwig figurine is made out of fondant and sits on top of marshmallow frosting and a vanilla cupcake.
You can also try a Chocolate Frog cupcake, also sent to us by @georgesandoukas and @Jimmy_farring! We’re hearing that a to-go window and outdoor patio will open later this summer outside where guests can order everything from the shop!
We also have a first look at some of the merchandise you’ll be able to take home with you after shopping at Harry Potter NYC. Our friends George and Jimmy spotted a couple of wands, including the Elder Wand…
…and Ron Weasley’s wand!
The shop also has an interactive scavenger hunt for shoppers to participate!
Guests are given a map when they enter the store and you search for nine items across the shop’s three floors that will give you “Enchanted Keys.” Guests are asked to download the Harry Potter Fan Club App to interact with the scavenger hunt items and unlock the keys.
Once you locate all nine items, you get a souvenir pin to take home with you!
There are also a number of other authentic props from the film on display, including wands, Tom Riddle’s diary, Rowena Ravenclaw’s diadem, a Golden Snitch, Harry’s Firebolt broomstick, and so much more! So grab your wands and head over to 935 Broadway to check this incredible store out for yourselves!
Are you planning on visiting Harry Potter NYC soon? Let us know in the comments!
More of the Latest News!
- There’s Something Extra Special About the Maiden Voyage of Carnival’s Mardi Gras Cruise
- Five Reasons Why We Can’t Wait for Disney Wish to Start Cruising
- Here’s How You Could Win A Personal Message From a Disney Character!
- NEWS: Broadway Will Require Audiences to Wear Masks and Show Proof of Vaccination
- First Look at Costumes for Disney Wish’s Frozen and Star Wars Dining Experiences
- Spas, Salons, and MORE Experiences Coming to the Disney Wish
- Night of a Million Lights Will Return This Holiday Season at Give Kids the World Village!
- 12 New Disney ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Wallpapers To Spice Up Your Phone!
- Orange County Mayor Recommends Theme Parks Follow CDC Mask Guidelines
- NEWS: California Health Officials Urge Everyone to Wear Masks Indoors Again
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!