While you might be having a blast in the theme parks this year, there’s another BIG event happening too!
This summer, the Tokyo Olympics will be taking place after being postponed last year due to the pandemic. And, although we’ll have to wait until July to watch the 2021 Summer Olympics live, Universal Orlando is celebrating a bit early in the parks!
You can add a taste of Tokyo to your day in Universal Orlando as four Olympic themed food booths are located around the parks! Similar to the food booths you’d find during other holiday seasons or events, the Olympic food booths have a wide variety of items on the menu.
We stopped by the Takoyaki, Sushi, and Gyoza Booth to try a few items on the menu…
…like the Lemongrass Chicken Gyoza…
…made of pan fried dumplings filled with shredded lemongrass chicken, toasted sesame seeds, and ponzu sauce for $7.99. These gyozas were INCREDIBLE with their zesty lemon flavor and great sear that you wouldn’t normally find on quick-service dumplings!
You can opt for something sweet instead with the grilled Matcha Takoyaki drizzled with white chocolate for $6.99, which had a lovely balance of matcha and chocolate.
And, you can pair your eats with the Moonstone Coconut Lemongrass Sake, which was a modern nigori flavored sake that had a rich, creamy texture for $11! It was a VERY unique flavor with a sweet hint, but definitely a lot more booziness than you’d expect!
Other food booths had various bowls on their menus…
…as well as salads and nama harumaki available for guests to try during their visit.
Universal Annual Passholders can use their discount on the items at the booths. We’ll give you a look at everything else happening in Universal Orlando soon! And, you can stay tuned with us for the latest Universal entertainment and news!
When are you visiting Universal Orlando next? Let us know in the comments below!
- A New Universal Orlando Attraction Is Now Accepting Express Pass
- NEWS: Universal Orlando is Encouraging (But Not Requiring) Face Masks Indoors
- Five Best Vegan Options at Universal Orlando
- AllEars TV: Experiment: How Long Are the Lines in Universal Studios?
- NEWS: Rock the Universe is Returning to Universal Orlando!
- A Frightening History of Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights
- Is a Universal Orlando Vacation Less Expensive Than Disney World?
- Universal Orlando’s VelociCoaster Hits a Major Milestone!
- Universal Orlando Announces ANOTHER Halloween Horror Nights House!
- First Look at The New Universal Orlando Passholder Button!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!