Earlier this week, we shared the news that the CDC was expected to update their face mask guidelines, and that President Biden was expected to share those updates with the American people.
Those updates have been officially announced, and we are here today to give you the latest on what the CDC recommends when it comes to face masks!
As expected, the new face mask guidance from the CDC includes new verbiage on outdoor face mask use for those individuals who have received the COVID-19 vaccine. The CDC’s website now states that fully vaccinated individuals “can gather or conduct activities outdoors without wearing a mask except in certain crowded settings and venues.”
According to the New York Times, the federal health officials stated that “Americans who are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus no longer need to wear masks outdoors if they’re walking, running, hiking or biking alone, with members of their household, or if they attend small outdoor gatherings.”
The CDC did not, however, give the green light for fully vaccinated Americans to omit masking completely while outdoors. The New York Times also shared that federal health officials included that “vaccinated adults should continue wearing masks and staying six feet apart in large public spaces, like outdoor performance or sports events, indoor shopping malls and movie theaters, where the vaccination and health status of others would be unknown. And they still should avoid medium and large gatherings, crowds and poorly ventilated spaces.”
Also keep in mind that the CDC is providing recommendations that states, local government, and private companies can then implement or adopt. Places like Disney World and Disneyland can continue to keep their current face mask mandates in place if they choose.
However, we have already started to see Disney World ever-so-slightly loosen their face mask policy. For example, guests can now take outdoor photos with their face masks off, as long as they are practicing proper physical distancing.
We’ll continue to keep you up-to-date on Disney World and Disneyland’s current health and safety guidelines, including their current face mask mandates.
Click here to read more about Disney World’s updated face mask guidance when it comes to outdoor photos.
More Disney News!
- NEWS: Disney Announces New Fragrance Partnership and Experience
- How to Get an Exclusive Preview of the Walt Disney Archives Exhibit!
- NEWS: Every Disney Resort Around the World Has Officially Reopened
- VIDEO: Disney World Legacy Award Cast Members to Get New Nametags
- VIDEO: You HAVE to See This Incredible Ursula Makeup Transformation!
- As Walt Disney World Approaches Its 50th, We Look Back at Previous Anniversaries
- Disney Announces Their 2021 Summer Reading List
- Marvel’s ‘WandaVision’ and ‘Loki’ Featured in New Hyundai Ads
- NEWS: Southwest Airlines “Technical Difficulties” Cause Flight Delays
- Disney is Casting For Their Next Photography Series! Here’s How to Apply!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!