Disney+ is reviving Willow as a full-length series exclusive to the streaming platform.
Warwick Davis will reprise his role as the leading character. While Willow’s film director Ron Howard will also return as an executive producer. The series director was originally appointed to Jon M. Chu who is now stepping down from the role.
Chu is an esteemed director of Crazy Rich Asians and the upcoming movie adaptation of In the Heights. According to The Hollywood Reporter, he is stepping down for scheduling reasons stating, “I’m devastated that I won’t be able to work with some of my heroes old and new.” Chu went on to say that the production schedule has been delayed due to the global health crisis. This has caused him to step back as the timing won’t work for the arrival of his new baby.
The show will be set years after the original film and continue the story with the character Willow at the helm. It will also introduce new characters like fairy queens and two-headed Eborsisk monsters. The series is set to release in 2022.
Are you looking forward to the new series? Let us know in the comments below!
Disney Media News
- 12 Hidden Details You Missed in ‘WandaVision’
- 55 Thoughts I Had Watching the Premiere Episodes of ‘WandaVision’
- VIDEO: Get a Behind the Scenes Look at ‘WandaVision’ on Disney+!
- Marvel’s ‘WandaVision’ is Now Available to Watch on Disney+!
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He’s Coming Back for Disney’s ‘Enchanted’ Sequel!
- Disney+’s ‘Doogie Howser’ Reboot Just Cast Its Lead Role!
- If You Loved the ‘Ratatouille’ Musical on TikTok, Then You Need to Check Out This Livestream Tonight!
- Ben Schwartz on His Favorite Disney Ride, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and Upcoming Film ‘Flora & Ulysses’
- BREAKING! Chris Evans May Reprise His Role as Captain America in Future Marvel Projects
- ‘WandaVision’, ‘Mary Poppins Returns’, and More Are Coming to Disney+ and Hulu This Week!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!