Nationwide, states and counties are seeing a sharp rise in positive COVID-19 cases, prompting more travel advisories and in the case of California, regional stay-at-home orders and stricter guidance on dining.
In Florida, Orange County, where Disney World primarily resides, is also seeing a surge in positive cases in the last week alone, according to WFTV9.
Hospitalizations in Orange County have nearly doubled since late October. Statewide, Florida recently reported 11,335 new cases, a record high since July. As a result, Orange County health officer Dr. Raul Pino is urging residents to “skip the big family gatherings this Christmas and avoid the risk of contracting the virus.”
Dr. Pino noted that “the surge we’re seeing is from people not following CDC guidelines. We’re seeing small settings, multigenerational families, so it’s safe to say that’s the same as Thanksgiving celebrations.” He mentioned that contact tracers were able to pinpoint many of these cases to gatherings over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Do you live in Central Florida? Let us know in the comments!
Keep Up With the Latest News!
- NEWS: Disney Announces New Fragrance Partnership and Experience
- How to Get an Exclusive Preview of the Walt Disney Archives Exhibit!
- NEWS: Every Disney Resort Around the World Has Officially Reopened
- VIDEO: Disney World Legacy Award Cast Members to Get New Nametags
- VIDEO: You HAVE to See This Incredible Ursula Makeup Transformation!
- As Walt Disney World Approaches Its 50th, We Look Back at Previous Anniversaries
- Disney Announces Their 2021 Summer Reading List
- Marvel’s ‘WandaVision’ and ‘Loki’ Featured in New Hyundai Ads
- NEWS: Southwest Airlines “Technical Difficulties” Cause Flight Delays
- Disney is Casting For Their Next Photography Series! Here’s How to Apply!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!