As theme parks in Central Florida continue to reopen and recuperate, businesses have had to make difficult decisions when it comes to mitigating expenses, which includes reducing their workforce.
Orlando Sentinel reported that a new round of layoffs has reached employees at Universal Orlando Resort.
The layoffs will impact 1,123 salaried employees across its creative division, theme parks, and resorts. According to Universal, hourly workers were not impacted by this round of layoffs.
This announcement follows another round of layoffs which took place this summer, after Universal announced that construction of their third theme park Epic Universe was being put on hold.
Earlier this year, Universal Orlando announced that approximately 5,400 employees, which did include hourly workers, would be placed on extended furlough. Scot LaFerté, senior vice president of human resources, said in a statement that “As a full recovery will take time, the company has had to make very difficult decisions, including reducing some of its workforce.”
We will continue to keep a close watch on news coming out of the Orlando theme parks when it comes to employee furloughs and layoffs.
Have you or has someone you know been impacted by the layoffs and furloughs in Central Florida? Let us know in the comments.
More News You Should Know!
- Disneyland Paris Will Reportedly Remain Closed Through the Holiday Season
- NEWS! Qantas Airline May Require COVID-19 Vaccine for International Travel
- PHOTOS: See More Details About the NEW Cars Attraction Coming to Disneyland Paris!
- VIDEO! Bruce, the Shark Star of “Jaws”, Has Been Restored and Has a New Home!
- From Adventurers to Yetis, a Look Back at Imagineer Joe Rohde’s Expansive Disney Career
- NEWS: Walt Disney Television’s President of Business Operations & CFO to Step Down
- The Walt Disney Company Has Been In A ‘New York State of Mind’ For Decades
- NEWS: CDC Moves Cruise Travel Into a New, Higher Risk Level 4 Category
- Where in the World #664
- PHOTOS: Take a Trip with Us to Jolly Creek’s Holiday Festival and Marketplace!