It’s been several months since we’ve had the chance to walk through the gates at Disneyland Park and admire Sleeping Beauty Castle.
Under California’s theme park reopening guidelines, however, the Disneyland Resort theme parks cannot reopen yet. We’ve been keeping a careful eye for any changes related to a potential future reopening, and today we got a small update.
Today Dr. Mark Ghaly, secretary of the California Health & Human Services Agency, held his weekly press conference providing updates on the COVID-19 situation in California.
Although there was no theme-park specific news, we did see some more details about California’s COVID-19 levels, indicating that the current 7-day average is 4,471 with a 3.3% 14-day positivity rate.
Dr. Ghaly indicated that while California is not seeing a large wave of COVID-19 cases as other states are, California is still seeing an increase in hospitalizations and positivity rates.
Dr. Ghaly also provided an update as to what counties would be moving backwards or forwards through California’s risk tiers. Only one county would actually be moving forward this week while two other counties would in fact be moving back to more restrictive tier levels. No change was announced, however, for Orange County, the county that Disneyland Resort is located in.
We checked California’s COVID-19 website and it does in fact still indicate that Orange County is in the red or “substantial” tier, and indicates that amusement parks are closed.
Orange County must move down to the yellow or “minimal” risk level in order for the Disneyland Resort theme parks to reopen under California’s guidelines, although some have advocated for the theme parks to be able to reopen under the moderate or orange tier.
We will continue to keep an eye on California’s COVID-19 website and Dr. Ghaly’s updates to see if there are any changes. For the time being, the Disneyland Resort theme parks remain closed and all reservations through mid-November have been canceled, but Buena Vista Street is set to reopen soon for some shopping and dining.
Recent Stories About Disneyland
- BREAKING: Disneyland Will Be Ending Annual Passholder Program
- Disneyland’s Vaccine Distribution Site Is Open! Here’s What It Looks Like.
- Disney Has Further Confirmed THESE Projects for 2021 — But Left Out These 4
- NEWS: Disneyland Provides Updates About Upcoming Vaccine Distribution Site
- The Rise of Disney’s Trackless Ride Systems
- NEWS: Disneyland Resort Will Host Mass Vaccination Site in Orange County
- PHOTO! Big Thunder Mountain Main Attraction Ears Have Been Stocked in Disneyland!
- NEWS: Sprinkles is Currently Closed in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney
- Legendary Disneyland Photographer Renie Bardeau Has Passed at the Age of 86
- Ranking the 2021 Attractions by How Excited We Are to Ride