The Disney Parks are truly 24/7, 365-day operations! You may have heard the phrase “the city that never sleeps” when people talk about New York City, but the same could be said for the Disney parks!
That’s because when the parks close, a whole team of Cast Members are still on the clock or just arriving for the BEGINNING of their shifts!
Here are seven Cast Members who don’t clock out just because the parks close!
Safety is always at the top of Disney’s list of priorities, and that includes the safety and security of the Cast Members and parks when all the guests have left for the day. There are teams of Security Cast Members that work the “graveyard shift” to make sure everyone is safe overnight, as well as in the morning when guests return.
Overnight, all of the rides and attractions are cared for and tended to by a team of Maintenance Cast Members. If something went awry during the day, it’s often addressed overnight by this team. Any mechanical issues, safety inspections, and general upkeep is addressed during the third shift.
Disney parks are known to be kept in tip-top shape, and that extends to all of the plants, shrubbery, trees, and flowers throughout the parks! There’s an entire group of Horticulture Cast Members specifically devoted to pruning and sprucing up the park grounds overnight.
Just like the Horticulture Cast Members, the Custodial team makes sure that the parks are in pristine condition when guests arrive the following morning. If you’ve ever marveled at how clean the parks are, that’s all thanks to the incredible Custodial team working overnight! From power washing the walkways to wiping EVERYTHING down, each night is an opportunity to make the parks look brand new!
Alright, Entertainment Cast Members aren’t in the parks EVERY night, but if there’s a new show or parade that needs to be rehearsed, the only time that works is when there are no guests around! That means that these Cast Members will clock in after park closing to practice in their performance space! The same thing goes for technical Cast Members who are working on new projection shows, audio in the parks, etc.
In many instances, a Guest Relations Cast Member’s day is NOT done when the parks close! They will often stay up to two and a half hours after the parks’ official close time to ensure that any straggling guests, either from dining reservations or last minute shoppers, were taken care of and had all of their questions addressed!
Last but not least, there’s Holiday Services! These Cast Members aren’t working overnight all the time, but when they are, they have a VERY important task at hand! They are responsible for setting up all of the holiday decorations LITERALLY overnight, whether it’s for Halloween or for Christmas! They’re also responsible for taking the decorations down, again quite literally in one night. If you’re ever in the parks during the time when the decorations appear, pay close attention to how much the parks change in just one day!
Would you spend the evening inside a Disney park to watch these incredible Cast Members work their magic overnight? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- Get Ready for a Night of Spooky Songs with a LIVE Performance from the Cadaver Dans in Disney World!
- Space Mountain Is Temporarily Closed in Disney World
- We Found ALL the Christmas Merchandise You’ll Need for the Holidays in Disney World!
- The NEW Beauty and the Beast Wishables Have Made Their Way to Disney World!
- SPOTTED! Elsa and Anna Are Now Welcoming Guests at EPCOT’s Royal Sommerhus in Disney World
- PHOTOS: Lion King Reusable Straws Are Now Available in Disney World!
- Say Goodbye to Halloween and HELLO to Christmas! Holiday Spirit Jerseys Have Made Their Way to Disney World!
- NEWS: Two MORE Restaurants Have Been Added to Disney’s Table Service To Go!
- NEWS: Disney World Extends Their Flexible Cancellation Policy for Hotel Arrivals Through April 2021
- News! Reopening Date Revealed For Disney World’s All-Stars Movie Resort!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!