HO HO HO! With the blistering heat of July outside it may not seem like it, but it is Christmas…in a sense!
Well, let’s rephrase — it’s Christmas in July! To celebrate the holiday we are all looking forward to, Disney has shared some of their favorite activities to get in the Holiday spirit.
Here are some of Disney’s favorite crafts to help add some holiday magic around the home!
- Mickey Snowflakes
- Make a Mickey Snow-Mouse
- Mickey Centerpiece for your Holiday meal
- Make a Mickey Holiday Pom-Pom Wreath
- Mickey-Inspired Marbled Glass Ornaments
- Create a Mickey Mouse Felt Ornament with help from D23
Jam out in some holiday PJ’s
Throw on some snuggly holiday PJ’s and crank the AC way up. Once you’re all toasty, turn on one of your favorite Christmas classics on Disney+.
- The Santa Clause
- Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Decorating Disney – Holiday Magic
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Babes in Toyland
Digitally light a fire
Since temperatures are reaching 80’s and 90’s around the country, set the mood with the virtual Yule Log or with the snow falling on Main Street USA.
Bake and eat all the Holiday cookies
We love any holiday that gives us an excuse to eat copious amounts of cookies. Why not bake up some of those holiday favorites like the below. If you need some inspiration, check out the The Great American Baking Show: Holiday Edition on Hulu.
- Gingerbread Cookies from the Bakery at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Gingerbread Bundt Cake from Central Bakery at Disneyland Resort
- Disney Parks Blog Inspired Sugar Cookies
- Plant-Based Cookie Fries Recipe from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
- And for the adults, A Disney Cruise Line Christmas Cookie Cocktail
Nothing like a warm beverage
A piping hot mug of hot chocolate is the perfect compliment to all of those cookies that you just baked up. For a special hot chocolate based on the white hot chocolate with cinnamon marshmallows from last year’s Disney California Adventure Festival of the Holidays, click here for the print at home recipe.
Deck your phone with all the backgrounds
Add some tinsel to your tech with the some festive holiday backgrounds for all your devices. Check out Disney Parks wallpaper page and search for “Holidays” for all the holiday backgrounds you could ever want.
Remix some carols
What would Christmas be without so Christmas carols, but it is 2020, so we might as well remix those classics into something a little more modern. Check out the below holiday song from RadioDisney to get in the holiday mood.
Christmas content for the kids
If you haven’t checked out the DisneyNow app, you have been missing out on a great way to watch recent Disney children’s shows. Get your little ones in the Holiday spirit with some great shows and specials on Disney Now. You can also check out some classic Christmas stories from the Disney Vault from D23.
- Disney Junior Nursery Rhymes: The Twelve Days of Christmas
- Duck the Halls: A Mickey Mouse Christmas Special
- Disney Junior Nursery Rhymes: Jingle Bells
- Disney Junior Nursery Rhymes: Deck the Halls
- Holidays Unwrapped: A Disney Channel Music Event
Sneak peek at some Christmas gifts
As an early present check out a sneak peek at some of the new holiday-themed merchandise coming from Disney later this year.
We can’t for December to get here and head to the parks with their holiday overlays.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Let us know in the comments.
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!