Reviews of Typhoon Lagoon

Typhoon Lagoon (TL) is Disney's untypical version of a typical water park themed in a tropical island setting. The park contains all of the types of activities you would expect to find at a water park--slides, pools, a slow river--plus others you will find nowhere else, including a surf pool and a saltwater artificial coral reef pool chock full of tropical fish that you can snorkel through.

Reviewed by Kathy Review Date: 09/26/2018

Been coming here for years and will continue to do so every trip to Disney! My kids loved being here- the rides, the wave pool, the tropical atmosphere! Now just my husband and I go together as our kids are grown and no longer vacation with us. We love the lazy river! Always a great way to spend the day!

Pros:

Sunshine and palm trees!

Reviewed by Kerri Review Date: 09/25/2018

Out of the 2 water parks we found that TL was much better for older kids. Really enjoyed all of the slides and the wave pool!

Pros:

Wave pool and slides

Reviewed by hlmclem722 Review Date: 09/11/2016

TL, was a one and done for us! (Blizzard, however, gets a 10) First, typhoon has a huge bee problem at/near all food areas. All drink areas were out of ice. Eating was stressful. My kids were so scared of the bees it really took from the enjoyment of our day. Read about the wave pool before we went. My kids 15, 14 and 6 knew it had a rough surface and needed to be careful. The first wave, 14 year old got knocked over flat and I had to watch her get tossed to shore. She looked liked she was in a cat fight, all scratched up. Wasn't even that far out in the pool. Someone lost their shorts. I felt so bad for them. Needed family bathroom for my son(6) never found it. Slides were just ok. If deciding between Typhoon and Blizzard Beach, choose Blizzard!

Pros:

Visited 8/22/2016

Cons:

Bees, Wave Pool, Family Restrooms

Reviewed by aknlw2003 Review Date: 09/03/2015

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon is a must stop if you've never done the waterparks. Our family had one of our favorite days of our trip at TL...and we highly recommend. There are plenty of chairs available, you just have to keep looking. They have tucked chairs throughout the park and we were able to grab some lovely chairs on the "beach". My kids absolutely LOVED the wave pool. Now, we have a beach house, but with all of the shark attacks this summer they couldn't just enjoy the waves like in summers past, so they were thrilled to be able to play in the waves. Crush and Gusher is a super fun time! We went three times so we could do all 3 runs. The line moves way faster than you think it will. The family raft ride is also a lot of fun! My complaint is that the wait times are manually updated, so they are always wrong. I know we're trying to stay rustic...but waiting 40 minutes for a simple body waterslide in a line that said 15 minutes is simply a little annoying, we would have made other choices.
The music is lively, and the lifeguards are absolutely amazing, and always on high alert. You really feel like you're on a Caribbean island while you're there.
The downside is really the food. Terrible food options at this park. We wished we had taken our own food in a cooler. Snacks were good though!

Pros:

Crush and Gusher

Cons:

Wait times

Reviewed by matt6816 Review Date: 09/01/2015

Awesome water park with an awesome wave pool. You can literally be "carried away" by the waves.

Pros:

well set up, wave pool

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 08/22/2014

I visited Typhoon Lagoon twice on my most recent trip. On 8/13, I arrived around 2pm. My first stop was to get some lunch. The park was very crowded at this time. I was able to find a chair under a shelter in the back of park by Shark Reef. The lines for everything were very long, and all I did were the wave pool and the lazy river. Castaway Creek was uncomfortably crowded, wall to wall people. I did get some nice Photopass pictures and was able to meet Stitch before I left around 4pm.

My next visit was on 8/17. I had good luck visiting Blizzard Beach later in the day, so I tried the same with TL. I arrived around 3pm and left around 5 (the park closed at 6). In that time I was able to accomplish Shark Reef, the single rider slide on Crush n Gusher, Keelhaul and Mayday Falls, one of the Storm Slides, the wave pool, and the lazy river.

I enjoy TL quite a lot, but my recommendation would be to get there first thing in the morning or in the last three hours before closing.

Pros:

Less crowded in late afternoon, great theming

Reviewed by sstotts Review Date: 05/24/2014

My family of 6 adults went to Typhoon Lagoon on our arrival day (May 11, 2014). The crowds were slightly high but we didn't wait in line for more than 30 minutes for any ride. Because we were not able to get to the park at opening, we pre-reserved the lounge chairs in the private seating area. I thought the guarantee of having a place to sit was worth the $50 it cost to rent 2 lounge chairs and the area we were placed in was quiet and convenient to the lazy river and food options. I thought the entire park was pretty clean and my family had a blast. We only wished we could have stayed longer but the park closed at 5 p.m.

Pros:

Clean, great theme, fun rides

Cons:

Not open long enough

Reviewed by roneeh Review Date: 03/25/2014

We visited Typhoon Lagoon on March 18 when the high temp for the day was only in the 70's but the water is heated so it didn't bother us. It felt like we almost had the park to ourselves! The wave pool is huge and a lot of fun for our 14 year old daughter and 10 year old son. The staff at Typhoon lagoon was very friendly and told us that the water parks can vary in attendance but it is generally low when the high temp is below 80 or the morning is cool. We definitely recommend visiting the water parks at Disney as these are a couple of our sons favorite places to visit.

Pros:

wave pool is amazing

Cons:

concrete rough in lazy river

Reviewed by JerseyShoregirl13 Review Date: 01/10/2014

The wave pool is fun, but you do have to make your way out far to really enjoy it.
The water rides are spread out, unlike Blizzard Beach which are all close to each other as you enter park. Plus BB has mini golf course if you want a break from the water park.

Pros:

Wave pool

Cons:

water rides are spread out and not easily accessible

Reviewed by Mich97 Review Date: 08/29/2013

The wave pool is awesome but can be dangerous if your not careful. They are powerful enough to wipe you off your feet. The waterslides are great too, just wish there were more of them and that they were a bit longer. Lounge chairs can be hard to find if your not there first thing in the morning.

Pros:

Wave pool

Cons:

Lounge chairs

Other topics in Water Parks at Walt Disney World