Reviews of Typhoon Lagoon

Typhoon Lagoon (TL) is Disney's untypical version of a typical water park themed in a tropical island setting. The park contains all of the types of activities you would expect to find at a water park--slides, pools, a slow river--plus others you will find nowhere else, including a surf pool and a saltwater artificial coral reef pool chock full of tropical fish that you can snorkel through.

Reviewed by jdalby Review Date: 07/16/2013

OK first and foremost, I have to say that I had a great time the day I went here. We had a private cabana and don't think I would have liked it otherwise. It really is worth it. The refillable mugs, the towels, the food and drinks brought right to us, the cooler of water, the covered area with chairs and the locker right there.

I didn't like that we were NOT allowed to give our attendant, Nancy, a tip. I was so annoyed that I complained to her manager. I mean the Magical Express guy had a tip me sign, the bell hop you can tip, the housekeepers, the good and bad waitresses, etc. BUT the one person who waited on me hand and foot I couldn't tip.... Step up your game TL.

Pros:

Wave Pool, Cabana Service

Cons:

NO TIPPING

Reviewed by cop447 Review Date: 06/08/2013

I just got back from a week of Walt Disney World and took in both water parks on property. My favorite thing about this park is the wave pool. With 6 foot waves every 90 seconds me and my boys ages 11 and 14 had a blast. All of us also enjoyed the swimming with the sharks experience and did this three times. The sharks and fish are in salt water that is kept at 68 degrees so it is cool!

The only con we had is we wish the park was a little bigger with more waterslide attractions offered. This park is great for younger guests and I think they would like it better then Blizzard Beach.

Overall we opened and closed with the park and had a very good time. When asked the tween and teen boys did prefer the faster passed Blizzard Beach.

Pros:

Wave Pool

Cons:

Not enough water slides

Reviewed by beck9497 Review Date: 06/03/2013

Love the wave pool it is so much fun. Went twice on my week long trip 05/26/13 - 05/31/13.

Pros:

Wave Pool

Other topics in Water Parks at Walt Disney World