Reviews of Typhoon Lagoon

Reviewed by hlmclem722 Review Date: 09/11/2016

TL, was a one and done for us! (Blizzard, however, gets a 10) First, typhoon has a huge bee problem at/near all food areas. All drink areas were out of ice. Eating was stressful. My kids were so scared of the bees it really took from the enjoyment of our day. Read about the wave pool before we went. My kids 15, 14 and 6 knew it had a rough surface and needed to be careful. The first wave, 14 year old got knocked over flat and I had to watch her get tossed to shore. She looked liked she was in a cat fight, all scratched up. Wasn't even that far out in the pool. Someone lost their shorts. I felt so bad for them. Needed family bathroom for my son(6) never found it. Slides were just ok. If deciding between Typhoon and Blizzard Beach, choose Blizzard!

Pros:

Visited 8/22/2016

Cons:

Bees, Wave Pool, Family Restrooms

Reviewed by JerseyShoregirl13 Review Date: 01/10/2014

The wave pool is fun, but you do have to make your way out far to really enjoy it.
The water rides are spread out, unlike Blizzard Beach which are all close to each other as you enter park. Plus BB has mini golf course if you want a break from the water park.

Pros:

Wave pool

Cons:

water rides are spread out and not easily accessible

Reviewed by Fisher55 Review Date: 07/05/2021

Great water park!

Pros:

Great thing to do outside of the Disney Parks!

Cons:

Not my favorite water park

Reviewed by HeartBreakKris Review Date: 02/18/2021

I went in November (pre-Covid). November is a true winter month in most of the country, but in Florida, the weather can be great for a water park! That being said, I think other guests expected cold weather because there was NOBODY in the park. In the lazy River, the lifeguard told me we were around the 80th person to go past him...and this was multiple HOURS after opening! The rides were fun, the cast members were nice. My only con is the food wasn’t the best

Pros:

If you go at the right time of year, you can really luck out & have the park to yourself

Cons:

The food was average. Oh, and I miss swimming with sea-life

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/23/2021

WHATS NOT TO LOVE

Pros:

WAVES WAVES WAVES

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/12/2020

An amazingly themed water park that the whole family will love. There are some great thrill rides for teenagers and some slow-paced rides for the little ones. The food is basic theme park food but is good for what you pay for.

Pros:

-Great for the whole family

Cons:

-Can have very long lines

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/21/2020

Over all, this water park is amazing for both children and children at heart. The wave pool is always surprising every time. The only downfall for the older audience is the very little kids running around. But what can you say, it's a kids park too.

Pros:

The snorkeling experience and the wave pool sells it all! Snorkeling with sharks is just awesome. Cast members are very explicit in directions, which makes the magic all the more fun. The slides are very fun too.

Cons:

There isn't many cons. But, the lazy river isn't that lazy. If you are looking for a splash free attraction, maybe Blizzard Beach is more fit in that aspect.

Reviewed by Nunley1011 Review Date: 06/12/2019

Overall the park was great. It is basically a typical waterpark though. My family is very into water parks and had a blast. For myself - not so much into the whole soak and bake kind of day. We rented a cabana which turned out to be great for a respite from the sun and water, and had it's own locker so we felt comfortable leaving valuables locked up rather than out in the open like so many people in the chairs areas. The supposed service that was to be included, however, was far below par and we were very disappointed on that end. Not sure we'd do it again for the $$$. Also, we purchased ahead and wore "water shoes" (the kind that is allowed which are soft-bottom styles, kind of like thick socks made out of neoprene). However, by the end of the day, these were completely destroyed! There were holes in the bottoms for everyone in the family. We threw them away on the way out they were so bad. But we realized that would have been the bottom of our feet had we not had those on. So, even as "throw aways", they saved our feet from getting torn up from the very rough ground (Everywhere, not just in the pools) and from the hot, hot surfaces. Defintely recommend getting some.

Pros:

It's a water park! With great themes throughout.

Cons:

It's a water park...with all the standard faults of such environments. Cabana rental not really worth it.

Reviewed by Schwad1 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Everyone in our family LOVED Typhoon Lagoon, including my husband who "hates water parks." We got there later than we wanted and had to leave early for a dinner reservation, but we had an amazing time while we were there and wish we had been able to stay twice as long.

Pros:

Gorgeous theming, rides and pools for all shapes/sizes/ages/swimming abilities, fabulous toddler area, helpful staff, yummy frozen drinks.

Cons:

We found it a little hard to navigate with all of the interconnected pathways and sometimes confusing signage. Changing rooms were small for a parent with two toddlers.

Reviewed by traciem Review Date: 09/30/2018

My hubby and I are both retired from active work life and this our favorite water park in Florida. We love the theming and attention to detail. For us this the hidden gem of Disney parks in Orlando. My hubby is and EVC and they have a special shaded area for EVC and other special needs guest which is located near food and bathrooms. We both love the newer Miss Adventure Falls ride and love to spend afternoons at this water parks.

Pros:

Excellent Theming and Area for EVC and Special Needs guests

Other topics in Water Parks at Walt Disney World