Reviews of Typhoon Lagoon

Typhoon Lagoon (TL) is Disney's untypical version of a typical water park themed in a tropical island setting. The park contains all of the types of activities you would expect to find at a water park--slides, pools, a slow river--plus others you will find nowhere else, including a surf pool and a saltwater artificial coral reef pool chock full of tropical fish that you can snorkel through.

Reviewed by hlmclem722 Review Date: 09/11/2016

TL, was a one and done for us! (Blizzard, however, gets a 10) First, typhoon has a huge bee problem at/near all food areas. All drink areas were out of ice. Eating was stressful. My kids were so scared of the bees it really took from the enjoyment of our day. Read about the wave pool before we went. My kids 15, 14 and 6 knew it had a rough surface and needed to be careful. The first wave, 14 year old got knocked over flat and I had to watch her get tossed to shore. She looked liked she was in a cat fight, all scratched up. Wasn't even that far out in the pool. Someone lost their shorts. I felt so bad for them. Needed family bathroom for my son(6) never found it. Slides were just ok. If deciding between Typhoon and Blizzard Beach, choose Blizzard!

Pros:

Visited 8/22/2016

Cons:

Bees, Wave Pool, Family Restrooms

Reviewed by JerseyShoregirl13 Review Date: 01/10/2014

The wave pool is fun, but you do have to make your way out far to really enjoy it.
The water rides are spread out, unlike Blizzard Beach which are all close to each other as you enter park. Plus BB has mini golf course if you want a break from the water park.

Pros:

Wave pool

Cons:

water rides are spread out and not easily accessible

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/12/2020

An amazingly themed water park that the whole family will love. There are some great thrill rides for teenagers and some slow-paced rides for the little ones. The food is basic theme park food but is good for what you pay for.

Pros:

-Great for the whole family

Cons:

-Can have very long lines

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/21/2020

Over all, this water park is amazing for both children and children at heart. The wave pool is always surprising every time. The only downfall for the older audience is the very little kids running around. But what can you say, it's a kids park too.

Pros:

The snorkeling experience and the wave pool sells it all! Snorkeling with sharks is just awesome. Cast members are very explicit in directions, which makes the magic all the more fun. The slides are very fun too.

Cons:

There isn't many cons. But, the lazy river isn't that lazy. If you are looking for a splash free attraction, maybe Blizzard Beach is more fit in that aspect.

Reviewed by Nunley1011 Review Date: 06/12/2019

Overall the park was great. It is basically a typical waterpark though. My family is very into water parks and had a blast. For myself - not so much into the whole soak and bake kind of day. We rented a cabana which turned out to be great for a respite from the sun and water, and had it's own locker so we felt comfortable leaving valuables locked up rather than out in the open like so many people in the chairs areas. The supposed service that was to be included, however, was far below par and we were very disappointed on that end. Not sure we'd do it again for the $$$. Also, we purchased ahead and wore "water shoes" (the kind that is allowed which are soft-bottom styles, kind of like thick socks made out of neoprene). However, by the end of the day, these were completely destroyed! There were holes in the bottoms for everyone in the family. We threw them away on the way out they were so bad. But we realized that would have been the bottom of our feet had we not had those on. So, even as "throw aways", they saved our feet from getting torn up from the very rough ground (Everywhere, not just in the pools) and from the hot, hot surfaces. Defintely recommend getting some.

Pros:

It's a water park! With great themes throughout.

Cons:

It's a water park...with all the standard faults of such environments. Cabana rental not really worth it.

Reviewed by Schwad1 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Everyone in our family LOVED Typhoon Lagoon, including my husband who "hates water parks." We got there later than we wanted and had to leave early for a dinner reservation, but we had an amazing time while we were there and wish we had been able to stay twice as long.

Pros:

Gorgeous theming, rides and pools for all shapes/sizes/ages/swimming abilities, fabulous toddler area, helpful staff, yummy frozen drinks.

Cons:

We found it a little hard to navigate with all of the interconnected pathways and sometimes confusing signage. Changing rooms were small for a parent with two toddlers.

Reviewed by traciem Review Date: 09/30/2018

My hubby and I are both retired from active work life and this our favorite water park in Florida. We love the theming and attention to detail. For us this the hidden gem of Disney parks in Orlando. My hubby is and EVC and they have a special shaded area for EVC and other special needs guest which is located near food and bathrooms. We both love the newer Miss Adventure Falls ride and love to spend afternoons at this water parks.

Pros:

Excellent Theming and Area for EVC and Special Needs guests

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/30/2018

We usually hit up both water parks on our trips, and of the two I prefer the theming of Typhoon Lagoon. I love the lazy river and the family raft ride. There are some great options for food and drinks here. We always get there at opening so we can grab seats in the shade for my grandchildren, so we have never had a problem with crowds. The only drawback is the wave pool. The concrete bottom is very rough, and it’s easy to get caught in the undertow. I wiped out sitting in very shallow water with my granddaughter, and scraped my elbows up. All in all a fun way to spend the day.

Pros:

Theming, fun water rides

Cons:

Wave pool injuries

Reviewed by Nat Review Date: 09/30/2018

Our favourite water park! Love the lazy river. Take advantage of Getaway Glen which is reserved seating and towels. Highly recommend!

Pros:

Lazy river, nice atmosphere, wave pool

Cons:

Wave pool injuries from hard concrete floor

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

We just recently got the FL resident after 2 passes after not having them for several years. Typhoon Lagoon was our first visit and our activation point. We did have a lot of trouble with activation and I had my receipt printout, my DL, and my card purchase was made on. When we tried to go in gate they told me we didn't have privileges so off to guest service. Then back to ticket booth before it was finally figured out. We lost 30 minutes of our visit trying to straighten that out. Once we were in the park it was great. I had 2 teens with me. They always love the Wave pool. It was our first time on the new family ride and we really enjoyed it. Riding the raft up the conveyor belt was a new experience for sure (and it beat climbing stairs). I thought I remember Crush'n'Gusher having 3 person rafts as an option but there were only 2 person ones and if you were riding alone there was only one slide you could get in line for. But doubles were also in that same line so my girls were done WAY before me because they picked the shortest line and I was stuck in the longest one. We rode everything in the short time we were there and nothing had too long of a wait.

Pros:

Crush 'n' Gusher water coaster is always fun as is the wave pool. Love the theming in Disney.

Cons:

Ticketing and Guest Services turned what should have taken 5 minutes into 30 by their own errors.

Other topics in Water Parks at Walt Disney World