Recently, Orange County announced that it will be phasing out of its county-wide COVID mandates, which is predicated upon a certain percentage of county residents receiving the vaccine. And, in response, Universal Orlando Resort modified its physical distancing measurements from six feet to three feet.
Now, we’re starting to see Disney World adopt several new health and safety measurements.
First, Disney World announced that they would end temperature screenings for both Cast Members and guests on May 8th and 16th, respectively. Now, we’re learning that Disney World will also be reducing their physical distancing requirements in the parks and resorts.
According to Disney’s website, they will begin to “reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach.” Though, Disney clarifies that the six-foot distancing requirement will still remain in place at all dining locations, merchandise stores, and where “Guests can temporarily remove their masks” such as when taking a photo, in relaxation stations, or eating.
The continuation of physical distancing is also reflected in their safety graphics on the website, noting that “Temporary adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing.”
Currently, physical distancing is encouraged throughout the parks and resorts, with floor markers in place for guests to follow while standing in queues for rides, attractions, dining, and shopping. And, we haven’t seen these new distancing changes in the parks just yet, but based on the new language we might be seeing them soon.
Disney hasn’t clarified whether this means that the distance requirement will reduce to 3 feet in select locations, but we’ll keep an eye out for updates. And, we’ll be sure to bring you the latest coverage on what Disney World looks like with the gradual reduction of physical distancing, along with all of the other latest health and safety updates from the parks and resorts!
What are your thoughts on physical distancing mandates being lowered from six feet to three feet? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- NEWS: Airport Train to Disney World Sets Construction Timeline
- VIDEO: You Won’t Believe the Talent from the Citizens of Batuu in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- NEWS: Date Announced for MAJOR D23 Event In Disney World!
- PHOTOS: Take A Look at the Latest TRON Progress in Disney World!
- Spots to Visit When You Just CAN’T at Walt Disney World
- The Wave to Be Reimagined at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- BREAKING: First Look at NEW Incredibles Themed Rooms at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Just How Accurate Are the Posted Wait Times at Disney’s Hollywood Studios?
- Here’s When You Can See A Live DJ in Disney Springs!
- We’re Just 100 Days Away from the Debut of Harmonious in EPCOT!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!