Now, an update comes from Dr. Anthony Fauci regarding when children may be able to receive the vaccine.
According to CNBC, Dr. Anthony Fauci has stated that elementary school-aged children will most likely be able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations in 2022. Additionally, he shared that students in high school may be able to receive the vaccine around the fall.
Currently, three vaccines have been federally approved. The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is able to be administered to people 16 years and older, while the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available to adults 18 and older.
However, there are some stipulations for receiving the vaccine, as certain criteria must currently be met for younger people to receive it, like underlying medical conditions.
Currently, studies are underway to determine vaccine safety for younger children.
Dr. Fauci explained, “If you project realistically, when we will be able to get enough data to be able to say that elementary school children will be able to be vaccinated, I would think that would be, at the earliest, the end of the year, and very likely the first quarter of 2022.”
At this time, more than 72 million doses of the vaccine have been administered in the United States. As more updates regarding vaccine distribution are released, we’ll share the things you need to know. Check back with us for more news.
- NEWS: Mask and Distancing Requirements May Change SOON in Central Florida
- Famous Disney Celebrities Are Set to Help Present at the 93rd Academy Awards!
- PHOTOS: First Look at the UPDATED Haunted Mansion in Disneyland!
- This May Be The LAST Place You’d Look For a Disney Souvenir!
- Be One with Nature Wearing These New Disney Tees!
- NEWS: Legoland Florida is Giving Away a College Scholarship
- VIDEO: NEW Mid-Season Trailer Teases What’s to Come on ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier’
- How Much Can You Do in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Before It Opens?
- Start Your Week Off With FREE Shipping on That Disney Item You’ve Been Eyeing!
- There Were LOTS of Closures and Short Wait Times in Disney World Today!