Over the past year, Disney+ has solidified its place in the streaming world. With wildly popular original content like The Mandalorian in addition to Disney releasing more of its upcoming films on Disney+, the streaming platform has quickly become the go-to destination for Disney fans worldwide!
Last December, Disney definitely made it loud and clear that their streaming content is among consumer’s top picks, as made evident by the newest Nielsen’s ratings!
The latest Nielsen ratings have been released for the week of December 21st through December 27th, 2020, and Disney secured two of the top five spots, according to Media Play News!
At the top of the list was Pixar’s Soul with 1.66 billion minutes watched. The newest Pixar film was released exclusively on Disney+ on Christmas Day, December 25th, at no additional cost to subscribers. The Mandalorian, which wrapped up Season 2 on December 18th, landed at number five with a total of 1 billion minutes watched.
The Mandalorian is the first title from Disney+ to have earned a spot on Nielsen’s Top 10 Streaming List, first appearing late last year.
Rounding out the top five list were three titles from Netflix: The Office, Bridgerton, and the original film The Midnight Sky. Of the top ten titles on Nielsen’s streaming list for the week of December 21st, eight titles came from Netflix while the remaining two — Soul and The Mandalorian — came from Disney+.
What’s your favorite show or film you’ve seen on Disney+ so far? Let us know in the comments!
Disney Film and Television News
- VIDEO! Disney+ Releases Trailer for The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers!
- NEWS: The Upcoming ‘Spider-Man’ Sequel Reveals Its Official Title!
- Disney+ Just Announced TONS of Upcoming Release Dates!
- NEWS: Disney Reveals Premiere Date for “Loki”
- Get a Sneak Peek at Pixar’s New Movie Coming THIS Summer!
- Tom Holland Just Shared the Title of the ‘Spider-Man’ Sequel…or Did He?
- Additional Casting for ‘Ms. Marvel’ on Disney+ Has Been Announced
- Learn About Monica Rambeau’s Transition From the Actress Who Plays Her in ‘WandaVision’!
- A Disney Parks-Inspired Multi-Verse Reportedly in the Works!
- NEWS: Disney Will Participate in the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!